Thread: Scan Complete usurps full screen from WMP (XP)

rsg714 Guest

Default Scan Complete usurps full screen from WMP (XP)

I often watch Windows Media Player in the full screen mode. When the anti-spyware or virus completes, it shrinks WMP to regular size and displays the "no threats". Wouldn't be so bad if there was a threat found - I'd interrupt the movie for that.
    I believe I've clicked on every button in ZoneAlarmSecuritySuite and cannot find a way to quiet these alerts.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Scan Complete usurps full screen from WMP (XP)

Hi!yes... I don't think there is a way for that, are you running a scan often?You should check for viruses may be once a month and for spyware may be once a week (if you keep ZA always active and updated)Are you always watching movies while you do your montly scan?May be you can schedule the scan when you are not at your system.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

rsg714 Guest

Default Re: Scan Complete usurps full screen from WMP (XP)

I like to upd and run both scans daily. When I get home and boot up, the scans start because the scheduled time has already passed - I set them to wee AM hours. I haven't spent a long evening at the computer recently but when I do, the scan results cause WMP to snap out of the full screen mode. The other anti-virus I was using did that at first but after an update to the engine it stopped happening. I suspect some/many people wrote them about that. However I switched because it reported too mant false positives and I had to reload some apps because of it. When it happens again I'll write their support people and suggest they tame it or give the user the choice.

Thread Information