Thread: Mixing ZASS with Panda Antivirus?

tcpiu Guest

Default Mixing ZASS with Panda Antivirus?

I'm a huge supporter of ZoneAlarm since the ZoneLabs days.
    But I've been having more and more problems with my laptop and this recent go around with some trojan last week had me using Malwarebytes and fix vundo to remove it.

I have always liked the firewall power of ZoneAlarm. But the Spyware and Antivirus seems to miss much, and ZA guru's are always referring to Malwarebytes and superantispyware as other resources to fix problems ZA can't.

I have known of the problems with mixing ZASS when even traces of other previously uninstalled antivirus software is detected...crash and a complete clean uninstall of ZA was required.

But I'm really wanting powerful or even capable Antispyware and Antivirus, AND Zone Alarm's firewall.

Is it OK to reinstall my Zone Alarm Security Suite, but don't install the ZA Antivirus? And still be able to run a Panda or Malwarebytes without crashing the system?

Thanks for any answers.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Mixing ZASS with Panda Antivirus? no

I just checked with panda's website - their anti-virus pro 2009
    actually contains their own firewall; even thou it's not menitoned in the title - there is a firewall.<hr>If you really want a ZA firewall in combination with an other brand anti-virus &gt; you must downgrade your license to either ZA Pro or ZA Free and install - a very simple anti-virus that contains no firewall or has firewall like features - stated or un-stated.<hr>Here are some popular av's you can get and their 'free': Avira Anti-Vir, AVG Free AV, and Awil's Avas t.<hr>Click here for on-line Live Chat Customer Service &gt; Customer Service Live Chat
    - you can talk with customer service to downgrade your license. It would best if you 'properly' un-install ZA Suite before install ZA Pro or ZA Free.<hr>Click here &gt; http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...ssage.id=73645
    - follow tips and guidelines.<hr>As to keeping ZA Suite and shutting off av (Kaspersky) and adding another av
    - not a good idea, even if deactivated, the av files will interfere with each other - not recommended. Plus, as mentioned Panda av has it's own firewall too.<hr>Just One, Not Two -- Never use two software firewalls at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility/ 'removal tool'
    or if not available use the Windows XP add/remove software tool in the control panel. You can add/ use a 'hardware firewall' including a Wired Router, Wireless Router or Broadband Gateway with your ZoneAlarm firewall.<hr>Just One, Not Two -- Never use two anti-virus products at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility/ 'removal tool'
    or if not available, use the Windows XP add/remove software tool in the control panel.[*]Caution if you use any of the new hybrid &quot;Anti-spyware with Anti-virus software&quot; - like Webroot AntiVirus with AntiSpyware or PCTools SpywareDoctor with Integrated AntiVirus, or SunbeltSoftware CounterSpy with VIPRE, PCTools ThreatFire, etc. = the anti-virus portion may cause conflict with your main AntiVirus software.<hr>:8}NaiveMelody NYC 1-4-09 - That Don't Impress Me Much - Shania Twain<ul>[/list]

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 01-05-2009 12:47 AM[/list]

Thread Information