Thread: glut32.dll detected as a virus

page Guest

Default glut32.dll detected as a virus

On one of my machines (Win XP, let's call it 'A'), Zone Alarm (7.0.743.000) detects a DLL file (glut32.dll), which I am using for a graphics program I am developing, as a virus infected file.
    On my other machine (Win XP as well, call it 'B'), Zone Alarm (7.0.743.000) does not detect the same file (glut32.dll) as a virus.
    I am transfering the file between the two machines via a USB drive, and I scan the drive (and the dll file specifically) prior to copying. I don't have a virus detection from either machine at this point.
    The virus seems to be detected when I run the graphics
    program on machine 'B'. However, it seems somewhat random as to when Zone Alarm hits the virus detection. I can run for a long time or for just a few minutes. I can't determine a pattern.
    Anyone else have this problem?
    --Dave

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: glut32.dll detected as a virus

Hi!have you tried to upload the file to www.virustotal.com?What is the response?Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

page Guest

I uploaded and scanned the file via virustotal.com. The scan can back negative 0/38. Here's a link to the report (if the link is still valid).
    http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/6...faa68038ca01ae
    I scanned the file from the USB drive that I was using to transfer the glut32.dll from one computer to the other. I currently don't have the computer where the virus was 'detected' connected to the internet. I don't keep that computer connected as standard practice for business purposes.
    Suggestions?
    --Dave

Hi!is the detection by the antispyware engine or antivirus engine?If it is the antivirus then your virus signature is not updated since ZASS uses kaspersky engine and virustotal report nothing for KAV.If it is the antispyware see here:http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...essage.id=3780Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information