Thread: Anti-virus will not update automatically or manually

madshader Guest

Default Anti-virus will not update automatically or manually

It appears that since January 3rd around 430am my Zone alarm antivirus has not been updating every 3 hours automatically. It will also not allow me to manually update antivirus. i have zonealarm antivrus 8.0.059. My license does not expire for around 145 days from now. I have no Internet access issues. when i try to update from the overview tab i get the following .......

! System couldn't connect to server ['http://upd.zonelabs.com/zonealarm/online//catalog.zip']

when i attempt to update from the antivirus tab using the "update now" button all i get is ......

! Anti-virus error: unable to connect

Needless to say attempting to search the forums and using the self-help tech support offered by zone alarm i have come up with no information regarding this.

If anyone is experiencing the same or has any suggestions, or if any Zonealarm tech people who read the forums can help me with this I would appreciate it. thanx

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Antivirus

Default Re: Anti-virus will not update automatically or manually

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

madshader Guest

I tried everything in the body of your suggestions and none of them worked. Now I have a version of zone alarm antivirus that won't accept my license key and better yet, this new version won't connect and update either. I somehow found a place on the ZA website where I could submit a form regarding the issue I am having and today received a response to the effect ('ZoneAlarm with Antivirus' is not a valid choice for Fieldname 'ZoneAlarm Product'.) Even though the submission included the release number they were somehow unable to figure out that Zonealarm with antivirus meant Zonealarm antivirus!

Considering the issues I constantly have with this software (losing access to the internet after Windows updates, my current problem being unable to update Antivirus definitions etc.) it does not appear that I am going to keep this software any longer, time to find out if some other company has less issues with their product.

I appreciate the response......

Hi!sorry to hear you are giving up, post back if you need further support.Cheers,Fax

madshader Guest

Well, I have succesfully enabled the license key to work in the reinstalled zonealarm antivirus, but I am still unable to update antivirus definitions, I still get the same error messages noted in original post even with this clean new install.......

HI!this may be due to malware infections... did you checked your system with other tools?Install, update and run MBAM ans Superantispyware, links here:http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...essage.id=3787Also check your hosts file for other entries other than localhost (127.0.0.0)Using other security tools apart from ZASS, please list them.Using nvidia cards with installed network drivers? Please remove the network driver.Cheers,Fax

Thread Information