Thread: vsmon.exe keeps crashing

joems Guest

Default vsmon.exe keeps crashing

When I try to go to Amazon.com's web site, Firefox hangs (blank screen in browser window) and then, after about a minute or so vsmon.exe crashes followed by the Truevector service crashing. The vsmon.exe crash gives the following error message:

vsmon.exe application error

The exception unknown software exception (0xc0000409) occurred in the application at location 0x6246f2ee.

After Zone Alarm crashes (and restarts on its own), Amazon's home page sometimes loads, but only the top inch or so of the page (down to the search box). If I search for a book, a list of search results successfully loads. But then if I click on one of the books, Firefox freezes again followed by vsmon.exe and TrueVector crashing in the same way as before.

Restarting my computer doesn't solve the problem.

I don't know if the issue is unique to Amazon's site, but it hasn't happened with other sites I've visited today. It also isn't happening with IE6.

I'd appreciate any suggestions for what's causing this and how to fix it.
    In case it might be helpful, see below for info on my Zone Alarm installation. I'm running Firefox 2.0.0.20.

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.059.000
    Driver version:8.0.059.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:975548104
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200812.5095
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957

Thanks for your help.

Sincerely,

Joems

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

joems Guest

Default Re: vsmon.exe keeps crashing

Correction and addendum to my previous help request:

vsmon.exe DOES crash when I go to Amazon.com in Internet Explorer. However, in this case, I can load Amazon.com and search for books. But when I click on a particular book in the search list, IE freezes and then vsmon.exe crashes and TrueVector then crashes, just as with Firefox. Also, after vsmon.exe crashes, IE starts working again, but every page loads very slowly.

Joems

Default Re: vsmon.exe keeps crashing

Hi!this has been reported before, just turn OFF the mainZA privacy control (cookies, adblocking and mobile control) and ZA will go back to normal.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information