Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello, I have posted only once before but now I have this...

sala Guest

Default Hello, I have posted only once before but now I have this...

Do You want to Install Antivirus 2009
    Hello, I have posted only once before but now I have this problem that just started last night.
    While searching for something on Goggle my PC suddenly started running very slow and then certain web pages became very hard if not impossible to load. The PC went on this way for a while and then I started to get a pop up for a 2009 Anti virus that offered a free scan with this warning on a window Internet Explorer Pop Up Window
    ATTENTION! If your computer is struck by spyware you could suffer data loss, erratic PC behavior, PC freezes and creahes.Detect and remove before they damage you computer!Antivirus 2009 will perform a 100% Free and quick scan of your computer for Viruses, Adware and Spyware.
    Do you want to install Antivirus 2009 to scan you computer for Malware Now? (remanded)
    This keeps popping up whenever I open a webpage on my PC for the first time and then again every few minutes after that. If I close the pop up with the X on the pop up it then opens a window to a site where I can download the program anyway. It keeps trying to get me to load this program.
    After this I get a a pop up every few minutes to various ad sites selling spyware products, movies, or even tax services.
    I did a Virus scan that came up with this Trojan.Win32.Monder.ahpl. and ZA quarantined it and I removed it a bit later on.
    I then did a deep virus scan in Safe Mode with Networking but I did not disable System Restore and it found nothing.
    After both of these scans the problem if still there just as before. The PC runs fine on a few selected sites but in others likeTime Warner mail it stuggles to load the page and then just stalls. Same with MSNBC that will not load at all along with
    a few other sites and the pop ups continue.
    Thank You
    Sala

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Message Edited by SalA on 01-06-2009 07:46 AM

findley Guest

Default Re: Hello, I have posted only once before but now I have this...

<blockquote><hr>SalA wrote:
    Do You want to Install Antivirus 2009
    Hello, I have posted only once before but now I have this problem that just started last night.
    While searching for something on Goggle my PC suddenly started running very slow and then certain web pages became very hard if not impossible to load. The PC went on this way for a while and then I started to get a pop up for a 2009 Anti virus that offered a free scan with this warning on a window Internet Explorer Pop Up Window
    ATTENTION! If your computer is struck by spyware you could suffer data loss, erratic PC behavior, PC freezes and creahes.Detect and remove before they damage you computer!Antivirus 2009 will perform a 100% Free and quick scan of your computer for Viruses, Adware and Spyware.
    Do you want to install Antivirus 2009 to scan you computer for Malware Now? (remanded)
    This keeps popping up whenever I open a webpage on my PC for the first time and then again every few minutes after that. If I close the pop up with the X on the pop up it then opens a window to a site where I can download the program anyway. It keeps trying to get me to load this program.
    After this I get a a pop up every few minutes to various ad sites selling spyware products, movies, or even tax services.
    I did a Virus scan that came up with this Trojan.Win32.Monder.ahpl. and ZA quarantined it and I removed it a bit later on.
    I then did a deep virus scan in Safe Mode with Networking but I did not disable System Restore and it found nothing.
    After both of these scans the problem if still there just as before. The PC runs fine on a few selected sites but in others likeTime Warner mail it stuggles to load the page and then just stalls. Same with MSNBC that will not load at all along with
    a few other sites and the pop ups continue.
    Thank You
    Sala

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Message Edited by SalA on 01-06-2009 07:46 AM
    <hr></blockquote>
    SalA,
    To remove the malware Antivirus 2009 take a look at Guru fax's cleaning procedure at this link:
    http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...essage.id=3787
    Findley

sala Guest

Default Re: Hello, I have posted only once before but now I have this...

Thank You Sir, I will give this a try right away and let you know how it goes..
    I'm sorry about the title of the thread, I tried to change it to &quot;Do you want to Install Anitvirus 2009&quot;
    Thank You
    Sala

findley Guest

Default Do You Want to install Antivirus 2009

Thank You Sir, I will give this a try right away and let you know how it goes..
    I'm sorry about the title of the thread, I tried to change it to &quot;Do you want to Install Anitvirus 2009&quot;
    Thank You
    Sala

<hr></blockquote>SalA,
    You are very welcome:8}I changed the title of your thread to what you indicated
    - you can edit your post - mouse
    over
    options on right of message and click edit and make your changes and repost.Good luck cleaning your computer
    Regards,Findley

sala Guest

Default Re: Do You Want to install Antivirus 2009

Thank You..
    I wondering if I should attempt to use the system restore to try to fix the problem before I go and disable it???
    Sala

findley Guest

Thank You..
    I wondering if I should attempt to use the system restore to try to fix the problem before I go and disable it???
    Sala
    <hr></blockquote>Sala,
    Infections are usually present in system restore files as well, so, in my opinion, not a good idea to use system restore - the malware needs to be removed - system restore turned off as detailed in fax's cleaning procedure
    and when the computer is clean you set a fresh, clean restore point.
    Good luckFindley

sala Guest

Thank You!!
    Good Idea!

Sal

findley Guest

You're welcome

sala Guest

Hello I did the scan with restore system turned off and the anti virus did not find anything but the spear scan set at deep scan found two Trogans. I did not delete them right away figuring that I could do it later but now they do not show up in the Quaritine as
    the list
    is blank and I am not sure where they are now. They are still listed in the log though.
    I do not now have any pop up going up anymore but the PC is running so slow that it took me over an hour to just get to the websites to down load the next step... Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.
    I tried to download this applacation but when I tried to run it I got that the file was corrupt on all three of the recommended sites incuding the maker of the file. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    That's as far as I can get unless I skip using
    this first file???
    Any recommendations???

Sala

sala Guest

OK, I finally got a copy of the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from the site in Australia as all of the others were supposely corrupted.
    Ran the scan a found 30 more infected files and other items.
    I'm still checking her out but its reunning very very fast so far..
    I still don't know what happen to the two trojans that were in quiartine in the spyware section but it seems that the logs were wiped clean.

Sala

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information