Thread: Blue Screened, Dumping Files. What do I do??? Help PLEASE

mommydanise Guest

Default Blue Screened, Dumping Files. What do I do??? Help PLEASE

I was on my laptop the other day and I was just doing what I normally do aside from transfering a couple of folders to it that I have been meaning to transfer for a while. All of the sudden the screen went blue, there was text across the screen but the only thing that caught my eye was "Dumping files: (a number that kept climbing one number at a time) I instantly held the power button down to manually power off the laptop and I haven't turned it back on since.

PLEASE SOMEONE enlighten me as to what it is I can do to make sure my laptop goes back to the way it was. I had just gotten all of the correct drivers back on it from when a friend made a mistake and wiped the whole thing clean on accident.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

Default Re: Blue Screened, Dumping Files. What do I do??? Help PLEASE

start it in the safe mode (hope this is not the latop we are working on below) and look at the event viewer in the administrative tools of the control panel
    It may say what was the faulting application and check the properties of the listed event errors and pay heed to the eventid number and the details - these are very helpful.

Also look at the mini dump folder in the windows folders - it will have details as well (mostly in strange words and code but some is easily understood). Or in the windows temp folder or in the Logs folder of windows.

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information