Thread: Trojan-Spy.HTML.Fraud.gen

ssri Guest

Default Trojan-Spy.HTML.Fraud.gen

Suddenly this virus popped up 4 times in the last 15 minutes in Zonealarm scan. I do internet banking regularly. How did this virus sneeked into my system when ZASS is active (extreme beta version) on the machine that is used for internet banking. Any suggestions/comment welcome.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

btreloar Guest

Default Re: Trojan-Spy.HTML.Fraud.gen

I see this was posted about 5 months ago, with no response. Sad.

I've been getting hit with this 4-5 times/day over the past several days. My concern is the downtime I incur because ZA requires a reboot reach time to get rid of it. Each reboot takes at least 5 minutes, and always when I'm in the middle of something.

The virus is being found in my email's Spool folder ... I presume that's a temporary holding place for downloaded emails before they get filtered.

Is there any way to identify the sending email address and block it before the trojan gets through

Hi!
    you should have an in-depth check of your system, see here.
    Also get your PC checked by malware experts (last links in here)

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

The virus is being found in my email's Spool folder ... I presume that's a temporary holding place for downloaded emails before they get filtered.

Is there any way to identify the sending email address and block it before the trojan gets through
    You're right. There is actually no cause of concern here. The Spool Folder temporarily stores email attachments, it is not downloaded to the server yet.

One option is to exclude the scanner from scanning your email spool folder. Even though the Spool Folder is excluded, your system will still be protected from email-borne viruses.

btreloar Guest

Thanks - I thought that might be the case. When I examining the Spool folder, I usually find nothing there. I'm off to see how to exclude that folder.

BTW, you mentioned that it's a temporary holding place before downloading to nthe server ... but there's no fileserver. This is all happening on my laptop locally. Does that matter?

Thread Information