Thread: Sonic Wall Challenge is only recognizing the first letter in the email to be challenged.

trgabriel Guest

Default Sonic Wall Challenge is only recognizing the first letter in the email to be challenged.

What a pain and what makes it worse, Technical Support doesn't know how to fix it.

Here is the problem as mentioned in the message subject.
    The
    Sonic Wall Challenge is only recognizing the first letter in the email to be challenged.
    Of course the email is undeleverable and it bounces back.
    Here is an exceprt of the bounced email:

QUOTE:

Undeliverable: Fw: Saskatoon Saskatchewan, Canada... [SonicWALL Anti-Spam Desktop CHALLENGE] System Administrator
    Sent: Sun 2009/02/01 10:25 PM
    To: Tom Gabriel
    Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:

Re: Fw: Saskatoon Saskatchewan, Canada... [SonicWALL Anti-Spam Desktop CHALLENGE]

Sent: 2009/02/01 10:25 PM

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

't' on 2009/02/01 10:25 PM

Invalid recipient

UNQUOTE
    The "t" is actually the first letter in the email address.
    Of of my challenged email ends up the same.
    As a last ditch effort I am hoping somehere has a solution as I have asked ZoneLabs for a refund.

Any ideas???? Tom

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Sonic Wall Challenge is only recognizing the first letter in the email to be challenged.

1.) I would not recommend using SonicWall Challenge, as at Best, if it worked would ONLY Verify to Hackers and Spammers that Your Email Address is a Valid Active Email Account and thereby INCREASING the amount of SPAM and Junk Mail you get..2.) That Function is part of the SonicWall Spam filter that is not produced by Zonelabs.. Maybe SonicWall.com Tech Support could shed some light on the Challenge feature?3.) if you want to Uninstall ZoneAlarm and request a Refund.. Here is the Contact info..ZoneAlarm Tech Support and Customer Service do notMonitor this Forum.. There are two Seperate Web-links for those two services..Customer Service www.zonealarm.com/csform or www.zonealarm.com/support/ click on Live Chat IconZA Tech Support (Requires Valid ZA License Key) www.zonealarm.com/tsform--------------------------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.059.000
    Driver version:8.0.059.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:977568256
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200902.5285
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957
    -------------------------------------------------

Message Edited by GeorgeV on 02-05-2009 07:47 PM
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

trgabriel Guest

Default Re: Sonic Wall Challenge is only recognizing the first letter in the email to be challenged.

Thanks George for the information.
    Too bad Zone Labs dosn't monitor this form then they would know for sure (although I believe they must know) that the Sonic Wall Challenge is faulty.
    They attach it to their product and endorse it so they should support it in my view.Anyhow I got one more support ticket outstanding and I'm waiting for another answer
    to give them another chance.
    If it ever does repair the problem, I'll let you know what the solution is.
    Anyhow I do read you regarding that
    this option
    will increase spam, but for one of my many email addresses, this option is perfect for what I need in this instance.
    Thanks again. Tom

Thread Information