Thread: virus

tmskas Guest

Default virus

I really hope some one reads this .
    I have a virus/trojan in my quarantine folder, Its been there three days now, and every time I submit to who ever. The response I get is, & "they don't have any matching records of this alert". The name of the infection is Trojan.Win32.BHO.lkl. I have submitted this every day since the scan . The path is C:\System Volume Information\_Restore... Any and all information would be greatly appreciated, especially what to do next.
    My System is a Dell 4600 running Windows XP Sp2 ZASS 8.0.059
    This computer is more that five yrs old I'm getting ready to do a quick restore to bring it back to its basic set up.any advice please tmskas

Operating System:
    Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Message Edited by tmskas on 02-11-2009 10:25 AM

Default Re: virus

Hi!the location 'System Volume Information' indicates that the virus was contained in your XP restore points.Description of malware may be found on similar variants:http://www.viruslist.com/en/viruses/...virusid=160769You should check your system as indicated here:http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...essage.id=3787Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

tmskas Guest

Hi Fax Thank You for responding so soon I hope this works and is sent to you, my computer is not functioning very well at this time, again thanks TmsKas

gamegurusplanet Guest

Your best bet is to leave the virus in quarantined.

Thread Information