Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spyware: win32.applekido.blogbus found in QTTask.exe - false positive?

jrwooden Guest

Default Spyware: win32.applekido.blogbus found in QTTask.exe - false positive?

This morning my daily spyware scan picked up: win32.applekido.blogbus found in File: C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe

Might this be a false positive? If not, are any details available?

Google showed zero hits (in English) for this item....
    Thanks for any tips/details!

Jim

Operating System:
    Windows Vista Ultimate
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Message Edited by jrwooden on 02-13-2009 07:04 AM

pimjoosten Guest

Default Re: Spyware: win32.applekido.blogbus found in QTTask.exe - false positive?

I think this is indeed a false positive. I have had the same scan result today and never had it before. I ran McAfee and it did not recognize this file as spyware. I do recall that QTTask.exe is a legitimate .exe file and the location in \ProgramFiles\QuickTime (where it should be) makes it unlikely that it is spyware. It must be a wrong definition in ZA's latest definition file.

Any other views on this?

Pim

Default Re: Spyware: win32.applekido.blogbus found in QTTask.exe - false positive?

Hi!see here for reporting false positives:http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...essage.id=3780Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

pimjoosten Guest

Thank you Fax for your quick response. The link on the page you are referring to does however not land at a page where I can report false positives, but a page where I can by products. A search for "false positive" resulted only in a page with general support items, but I could not find a form to report false positives. The page has probably been changed since you put it on the forum. Do you have any suggestions where to look?

Thank you!

Pim

Hi!yes, some shortcuts to ZA are broken you will need to wait next week that ZAlab fix the broken links...Try instead ZA technical support, they will deal with your false positive:http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...pport-form.htmCheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 02-15-2009 12:14 AM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

kaliesnanny Guest

I also had the same results on a scan today. Found win32.applekido.blogbus. I do a complete scan once a week (ie today). I scan everyday for spyware. Oddly this only showed up today. I contacted tech support via the chat line. I was advised to leave this in quarantine. They advised the item is under review. Should anyone receive conformation as to this being a true catch or false positive please post reply.

Thanks

kn

ikrananka Guest

I got the same win32.applekido.blogbus
    detected in QTTask.exe on a scan this morning.
    Will report as a possible false positive today.

Message Edited by ikrananka on 02-16-2009 08:14 AM

takket Guest

I got this too..... Will there be some sort of announcment from ZA that this is a false positive? Or will the next virus def update include a correction that prevents this from being detected?

epimetreus Guest

I got the same result from a scan yesterday. I've done a one-time ignore.
    If I quarantine the file, and the result is confirmed as a false positive, will ZoneAlarm, with its updated definitions, un-quarantine it, or alert me that it was a false positive?

Thanks.

pjmcgowan Guest

It looks like many of us have had the same message from ZoneAlarm. Is it Trojan and can it do any damage? I have deleted it though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information