Thread: Virus Defination Updates

tony_a Guest

Default Virus Defination Updates

Hello,

I have a problem and need some expert help. The version of ZASS I am using is:

> ZoneAlarm Security Suite version 6.5.737.000
    > TrueVector Security Engine Version 6.5.737.000
    > Driver version 6.5.737.000
    > Anti-virus Vet engine version 31.1.0.000, DAT file version 31.1.6315.000
    > Anti-spyware engine version 5.0.189.0, DAT file version 01.200902.5375
    > AntiSpam version 4.8.2.7565
    >

Three weeks ago the Anti-Virus box showed a red "action required" indication, and said I should update my definitions. This was not unusual as I normally do my anti-virus/anti-spyware updates manually on the same day each week, and after seven days the red update indicator is usually on.

When I updated, ZASS checked for a virus update, and immediately returned and said the current definition was up to date. However, the red "action required" indicator stayed red. The spyware update proceeded normally, downloaded an update and finished successfully.

I thought the action of the virus update was strange because even if there was no virus update available, the red "action required" indication should have turned green. I then re-installed ZASS, repeated the virus/spyware definitions update, and after a long series of updates both the virus and the spyware definitions finished, installed, and the green "All systems are go" indication appeared for both virus and spyware definitions including the then current Last Update dates.

The following week, the red "action required" indicator for the anti-virus was again on, and again ZASS checked and said my virus definitions were up to date, but the red "action required" stayed red. The Spyware definitions downloaded an update, installed it, and finished successfully. I didn't want to re-install ZASS again, so I let it go another week thinking that perhaps there wasn't a virus update, and the red "action required" indicator staying on was a minor bug in the program.

This week, I tried again with the same results.

This has not happened previously, and I have not changed any ZASS options or parameters.

Does anyone know why my virus definition updates are not happening?

Please do not suggest I upgrade to ZASS 70_483_000. I know I could, and have paid for it with my current subscription, but I would rather just get my current version working again. I would like to know why this problem has happened and what I need to do to fix it.

Are virus updates no longer available for my version of ZASS?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tony

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:6.5
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Virus Defination Updates

Hi!I guess the support for CA antivirus update has finished. This product is out of production since at least two years.You could try to rmeove ZA with a clean procedure. See here:http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542...n_install.htmlBut running an outdated version of a security product is like running no security.Better you update to a more recent version of ZA of change product.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

tony_a Guest

Thanks for the reply,
    I guess I'll finally have to update.

Tony

You're welcome!Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time