Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: False Positive with Adobe Flash from file name ...Flash10b.ocx ?

Default Re: False Positive with Adobe Flash from file name ...Flash10b.ocx ?

Hi!on-demand spyware engine in ZA is NOT Kaspersky. If the suspected spyware has been quarantined in the spyware section of ZA then you need to report to ZA as already indicated.If no one report and just discuss here, it is not likely to be fixed Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

ananda Guest

My apologies, Fax. I don't seem to have my best day today! Sigh...I can't remember whether
    the suspected
    file
    was in the Spyware or in the AV section.I'd better
    sent it
    to ZA, as you said, but then,
    I had already removed Flash completely.
    Well, I hope someone may report in this forum it was a false positive...Else I will have to wait until Adobe ever releases a new Flash version.
    Once again, very sorry.
    Kind regards,
    Ananda

Message Edited by Ananda on 03-10-2009 03:14 PM

chaddoman Guest

Ananda,
    I already created and sent a very thorough, concise, formal trouble ticket to ZA yesterday.
    ZA_Avastfan has already had the file checked for a virus/Trojan and it appears not to be a problem. (See his entry above.)
    I trust that Adobe is not cranking out bad software with a Trojan, or the whole world would have complained about it by now and they would have repaired it or fallen back to a previous file version.
    Let's trust ZA to do their 'thing' and sometime in the near future I'll notice that the Trojan will have fallen off the Status list. Until then I'm using my work-around and my systems are happy as a lark.
    Have a good day.
    Best regards,
    Chad

za_avastfan Guest

Default Still not fixed!!

Just completed a scan with the latest anti-spyware update (01.200903.5495).

ZA still haven't corrected this false positive. This error is still showing up in the scan.

Default Re: Still not fixed!!

Hi!You need to report to them... more reports faster will be the reaction.If you just post here... will never be fixed.www.zonealarm.com/tsform Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

panic_button Guest

Chaddoman, I have had this show up in scan as a trojan, too. I currently have the file in quarantine, and ZAPro gave me the reboot window. If I select 'later', will ZAPro still be funtional? In what way will my system be unprotected if I don't reboot? Thanks in advance.

adamdean Guest

I am having exactly the same problems and issues today after an "update" arrived for the Flashplayer. I downloaded the update and all of a sudden all my bells and whistles started screaming at me on the PC. Frankly I don't trust that it's a false Positive and I have unloaded the Flash Player completely.

ananda Guest

Default Re: Still not fixed!!

I will report it as well... as soon as the ZA servers are back on-line!Seems they have to cope with a rush of visitors...

brycem Guest

I have also received this message for the first time today and and I have logged a support ticket. I will post any updates. If antone hears anything please update this thread - this is obviously a common issue.

Thanks

adamdean Guest

Here is the file location from Zone Alarm Pro:
    File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash10b.ocx
    TypeLibRegKey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\TypeLib\{D27CD B6B-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000}

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information