Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: False Positive with Adobe Flash from file name ...Flash10b.ocx ?

adamdean Guest

Default Re: False Positive with Adobe Flash from file name ...Flash10b.ocx ?

Here is the file location from Zone Alarm Pro:
    File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash10b.ocx
    TypeLibRegKey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\TypeLib\{D27CD B6B-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000}

linkslet Guest

I have also received this alert after repeated installs of Flash Player. I was able to contact ZoneLabs e-mail support after two attempts. They replied with a form letter saying I should hear from them within 2 business days. I'll keep you all posted.Google search indicates Adobe has had many issues of this type within the last few years. I could not figure out how to contact Adobe support. Does anyone have an alternate player they use that will allow playing of the Daily Crossword?Thanks.

lacity Guest

Like you all, waiting for an answer from ZA. In the mean time, to get around this and use flashplay for my videos, I did this.
    1) went to Adobe.com but could not update to Flashplayer 10.0.2287 nor was page downloading completely.
    2) went to Filehippo.com and downloaded the file successfully. All videos now play and adobe.com is downloading completely. I also tried to download the updated flash from adobe.com successfully. link for Hippo follows

http://filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_ie/
    3) Because the ZA scan will isolate the file and cause the flash update to stop working, I did have to turn off my ZA auto scans and refrain from any manual scans unless I want to repeat the above process(2).
    Hope this helps

marketingguy Guest

Did I miss something?
    It's now Wednesday, nearly 4 p.m. mountain time, and I'm not seeing any posts from anyone else today.
    I've been to ZoneAlarm's site and I don't even see a message acknowledging this false positive problems exists.
    Has anyone else seen or heard anything?

brycem Guest

Linkslet,I installed Apple's Safari and I use that for the Telegraph Crossword - I find it much more predictable.
    Just an idea.

taragon_nl Guest

Still hasn't been fixed...
    Updated the spyware definitions and ran a scan with the same old result:
    File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash10b.ocx (supposedly) contains Trojan Win32.lhdyzz
    Sigh...

Hi!you need to report to ZA technical support.Probably very few have done so.... and the false positive is still there.Here: www.zonealarm.com/tsformCheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Hi!please report to ZA tecnical support: www.zonealarm.com/tsformFax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

vetsareus Guest

I am also experiencing the same problem. Reported to Zone Alarm 12/03/09 08:00 gmt

chaddoman Guest

3/12/09 From ChaddomanFollowers of this case:
    I received this from ZoneAlarm after concisely reporting the problem to them on Mon 3/9/09.
    Acknowledgement from ZoneAlarm after reporting 3/9/09:
    Mon 3/9/2009 18:05
    Hello valued Zone Labs customer,

This email is to confirm we have received your request for Technical Support. Your issue has been logged andassigned a case number below.Note: Please Do Not reply to this email. By replying to this email the original time and date received will bechanged and your case will go to end of the queue.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    YOUR CASE DETAILS
    Case Number: 687772
    Case Assigned to: Zone Labs Technical Support

Priority Support: Licensed (paid) users of IMsecure Pro, ZoneAlarm Wireless Security, ZoneAlarm Anti-Virus,ZoneAlarm Pro, and ZoneAlarm Security Suite receive the highest priority in our support queue.Trial users of the above products receive the same level of service during their 15-day free trial period.You should receive a reply to your issue via email within 2 working days (excluding weekends and majorholidays) under normal request volume.Best Regards,
    Zone Labs Support Team
    *********************************As of today, (3/12/09 10:50 CST) I have not yet received a response from ZoneAlarm.Apparently, Tech.
    Support needs more time.Chaddoman

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information