Thread: How often should I scan for Spyware?

jyste Guest

Default How often should I scan for Spyware?

Hi!
    I scan automatically for Virus and for Spyware once a week. I (almost) never have any Virus, but quite frequently there are 1-3 spyware files, mostly low risk items.Should I scan for Spyware every day? Because of the problem with Adobe Flash Player the last 2 days I have been scanning for Spyware several times and find something almost every time, if I have been on the Internet.
    Why isn't these Spyware files stopped before entering my computer? But may that is not possible?
    Greetings,jyste

Default Re: How often should I scan for Spyware?

Hi!if you keep ZA updated and always active you do not need to scan every day. Your system is constantly scanned.One week for spyware and one month for antivirus is more than enough.Its more important you reduce the time between one antivirus/antispyware signature update and the other (ideally set it to one hour).If you are concernedabout web security, try the newZAExtreme it contains a sandbox to isolare your browser (IE and FF) from the rest of the system.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

jyste Guest

Hi, thanks!
    The settings I have now is automatically update every 3 hours. However, my computer is NOT connected to Internet all the time, only when I specifically logon to Internet, and then I logout again immediately.So these automatic updates are almost never done. I do an update manually at least the first time each day, that I go to Internet.
    I am concerned about Web security, but I do not know whether the more advanced products can be used on my system. The all seem so complicated. A few years ago I paid for such a system (from another supplier) and it turned out, that it could not at all be used. So I think I will stick with what I have (ZA Security Suite).
    Greetings,jyste

findley Guest

jyste,
    A nice program to
    have on your desktop and use
    is CCleaner.

CCleaner is a freeware system optimization, privacy and cleaning tool. It removes unused files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. Additionally it contains a fully featured registry cleaner. But the best part is that it's fast (normally taking less than a second to run) and contains NO Spyware or Adware! <div align="right">Click here for a Quick Tour...Download CCleaner now...<div class="section">Cleans the following<div class="features">Internet Explorer
    Temporary files, history, cookies, Autocomplete form history, index.dat.<div class="features">Firefox
    Temporary files, history, cookies, download history, form history.<div class="features">Google Chrome
    Temporary files, history, cookies, download history, form history.<div class="features">Opera
    Temporary files, history, cookies.<div class="features">Safari
    Temporary files, history, cookies, form history.<div class="features">Windows
    Recycle Bin, Recent Documents, Temporary files and Log files.<div class="features">Registry cleaner
    Advanced features to remove unused and old entries, including File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs, Uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help Files, Application Paths, Icons, Invalid Shortcuts and more... also comes with a comprehensive backup feature.<div class="features">Third-party applications
    Removes temp files and recent file lists (MRUs) from many apps including Media Player, eMule, Kazaa, Google Toolbar, Netscape, Microsoft Office, Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip and many more...<div class="featuresbot">100% Spyware FREE
    This software does NOT contain any Spyware, Adware or Viruses.

http://www.ccleaner.com/

Findley

pairofhearts Guest

Click/other builds/slim version!

CCleaner is not an antispyware scanner.
    It is only a freeware file and reg cleaner.

The ZA Pro and ZAISS both have cookie and browser cache and file cleaner built in the ZoneAlarms Privacy.
    Plus it is very configurable and it can be scheduled.

As for blocking cookies, the ZA's Pro and ZAISS both can block any kind of cookies on a per site basis for any browser or internet appication (enable Privacy in that Program's Options).
    Blocking unwanted third party cookies is easily done in any web browser.

Best regards.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information