Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ZASS 8.0.298.000 Auto Scans will no longer run at the same time? Also AntiVirus Scan takes for EVER

lost_in_space Guest

Default SAME PROBLEM RETURNED +++++ Re: ZASS 8.0.298.000 Auto Scans will no longer run at the same time?

OK SAME ISSUE HAS RETURNED. The Auto scan will not work when you try to do both? any other ideas??? Fax I did as you instructed and the scan ran 2 days and then stopped..........
    HELP. BTW is there a Email address to contact ZAP TECH? I know that they used to have one but seem not to be able to find it?

Thanks

Default Re: SAME PROBLEM RETURNED

Hi!sorry to hear you have still problems. May be you should think of a nice refresh of the OS?Did you really followed all steps suggested ? Or skipped some of them? It is really important you perform all steps otherwise it will not work.ZA technical support can be contacted here: www.zonealarm.com/tsform Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

lost_in_space Guest

YES FOLLOWED TO THE "T" and I'm very familiar with what you wanted me to do. I do have a fresh OS that I reinstalled from my External HD and same issue. I can set a time to scan and choose to run both at the same time as it suggests. But only the AV will run. This all started after the last update from ZA which was I updated 3/5/09 zaSuiteSetup_80_298_000_en I really do not have time to screw with this as I use the PC all the time.
    I'm wondering if anyone else has had the same issue after the zaSuiteSetup_80_298_000_en update?

Hi!how do you know it only run the AV scan?Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

lost_in_space Guest

UPDATE:
    I have noticed when I run either the AV or SW scan
    manually it changed the settings in the Scan Scheduler
    to the next day. This never did that before when prior to the latest update. So I suspect that that may be causing the problem?

lost_in_space Guest

Ok at this point I believe I know what the problem is ! What has happened after the last ZASS update, is now if I have my AV / Spyware set to a time / day
    to autoscan and I manually run a scan which ever program I run (AV or Spyware) it will advance the Autoscan by 1 day. This I know for a fact never did this prior to the last ZASS update as I usually would run at the Spyware scan manually at least once a day and then I would have the Autoscan set to run both programs that following day at 1:30AM.
    So now
    as a example, my Autoscan is
    set to run on a Saturday @ 1:30am
    and I manually run a scan on a Friday the autoscan day will automatically advance a day, so when it comes around to run on that Saturday it will not.
    I tested this overnight with out manually running a scan and everything worked OK. So somthing must have changed in that last update.
    Hopefully I have explained this well enough for someone to figure out a fix? Or at least it may help somone else who has had the same problem with the Autoscan?

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Lost_In_Space wrote:
    Ok at this point I believe I know what the problem is ! What has happened after the last ZASS update, is now if I have my AV / Spyware set to a time / dayto autoscan and I manually run a scan which ever program I run (AV or Spyware) it will advance the Autoscan by 1 day. This I know for a fact never did this prior to the last ZASS update as I usually would run at the Spyware scan manually at least once a day and then I would have the Autoscan set to run both programs that following day at 1:30AM.So now as a example, my Autoscan isset to run on a Saturday @ 1:30am and I manually run a scan on a Friday the autoscan day will automatically advance a day, so when it comes around to run on that Saturday it will not.I tested this overnight with out manually running a scan and everything worked OK. So somthing must have changed in that last update.Hopefully I have explained this well enough for someone to figure out a fix? Or at least it may help somone else who has had the same problem with the Autoscan?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thank you for your feedback..I think you explained it well enough, that is good detective work..Unfortunately, We are all Users here in this User forum.. Tech Support and Customer service do not Monitor this forum..As a Licensed User of ZoneAlarm you may Contact ZA Tech support directly Free of charge and explain your finding to them like you did here and they can plact that on the Developers list of things to fix in the next release..There are two Seperate Web-links for those two services..Customer Service www.zonealarm.com/csform or www.zonealarm.com/support/ click on Live Chat IconZA Tech Support (Requires Valid ZA License Key) www.zonealarm.com/tsform------------------------------------------ZA Tech support always answer, if you do not get an answer it may meanthat ISP or your E-mail system has junked the response,Check your Junkmail folder.Use Internet Explorer to submit thefull details of your problem and if you do not get an Auto-generated confirmation email .. Use a free e-mail like hotmail or Gmail as contact address You should receive an automatic confirmation response by ZA after 5-20 minutes with your ticket number.If you have not received it then your ISP has junked it or Bounced it back to Zonealarm...ZA technical support can be reached here: www.zonealarm.com/tsform----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    WinXP SP3
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.298.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.298.000
    Driver version:8.0.298.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:980643173
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.209.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200903.5565
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.1429
    -------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security