Thread: Cannot print web content after installing ZoneAlarm Extreme

Hybrid View

bdux Guest

Default Cannot print web content after installing ZoneAlarm Extreme

I am a long time user of ZoneAlarm who upgraded to ZoneAlarm Extreme yesterday. After installing the upgrade, I have not been able to print from a web browser.

Using Firefox, my default browser, I can see the job go to my print queue, nothing prints, and then the print queue clears and a message that my print job has been sent to the printer pops up from the system tray. No error messages are displayed, and the PC seems to think that the job printed successfully.

Using IE 7, the print job appears in the queue, then I get a message box from IE:

A website wants to open web content using this program on your computer.
    Name: ...es\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpusgl.exe
    Publisher: Hewlett-Packard Co.

I clicked the allow box, and I got an Internet Explorer Script Error message, an unspecified error on line 1873. The print job then disappears from the queue but no message comes up from the system tray.

I have an HP Pavillion a 6010n desktop PC running Vista Home Premium 6.0 and an HP M1522nf printer which are network connected through a Verizon router. Both the printer and the PC are hardwired to the router.

I am still able to print from apps such as MS Word on the computer.

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:6.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Cannot print web content after installing ZoneAlarm Extreme

Hi!please contact ZA technical support at: www.zonealarm.com/tsform Post back if you find a solution, it will help other users in your situation.You may want to try to reset the ZA settings:1.) Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys together
    2.) Right click on the ZA icon near your clock
    3.) Choose 'Reset' from the box that comes up
    4.) Choose Yes on the Reset Settings dialog box
    5.) When prompted, choose OK to restart your system
    6.) Follow the on screen configuration prompts after rebootCheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

bdux Guest

Fax,

Thanks for the suggestion. I opened a service ticket. I will be sure to post a solution as soon as I have one.

BDux

bdux Guest

ZoneAlarm Tech Support replied on 3/18 with the following:

- Right click the ForceField icon and click Settings.
    - Click Advanced
    - Set Blocked programs that secretly record your keystrokes to "Only in allegedly secure sessions"
    - Click OK

I couldn't find a ForceField icon, but I found ForceField Settings in the Browser Seecurity page of the ZoneAlarm Control Center and followed the directions from there. This seems to have solved the problem--at least I was able to print the web page I was previously unable to print.

I give ZoneAlarm Tech Support as A for correctly diagnosing the problem on the first try, but a B for speed since it took them 3 days to give me an answer. In other words, the A goes to the technician, and the B goes to whoever determines staffing levels. I understand the pressure to keep supports costs down so they can keep subscription prices low, but that is why I gave them the B instead of a C for the frustration I felt during three days of being able to print insurance forms web with a filing deadline fast approaching.

Default Re: Cannot print web content ZoneAlarm Extreme --> Disable ForceField Antikeylogger

Hi!Glad to hear your issue is resolved. :8}Thank you very much for taking the time to report back, it will help other users with the same problem!I have just modified sligtly the subject to make it self explaining.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information