Thread: cyberkit tool

rvboutin Guest

Default cyberkit tool

Hi guys,
    I am using a net tool on my PC, I never had problem with it. It is detected by ZASS as "not-a-virus:NetTool.Win32.Scan.d"!! I have uninstalled and download again, still the cyberkit.exe is detected as infected... I really doubt that this file available for download is infected!
    It has never been detected by either Norton AV (that I used before ZASS) or at work (using McAfee corporate)... I wonder if one of you have had this problem before, and if you could confirm that it is a false positive.
    cheers
    Rv

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Charles_B Guest

Default Re: cyberkit tool

Read thread on how to report false positives:

http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...essage.id=3780

rvboutin Guest

Default Re: cyberkit tool

cheers Charles,
    Already submitted the files to the support, awaiting a reply. I just wanted to know if someone experienced the same problem.
    cheers
    Rv

Default Re: cyberkit tool --> not a false positive

Hi!This does not sound as a false positive but a positive.the 'not-a-virus' label does not mean the file is infected or it is malware but riskware. Riskwareis a term used to describe legal programs (many of which have legitimate applications and which are freely available) which could be used for malicious purposes.See here:http://www.viruslist.com/en/riskware?chapter=191818037You can select 'ignore always' when the thread is detected.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information