Thread: Vista 64-Bit Reporting Spyware out-of-date when ZoneAlarm is reporting no updates are available

amgilmore Guest

Default Vista 64-Bit Reporting Spyware out-of-date when ZoneAlarm is reporting no updates are available

Caught this issue in another thread, but there was no resolution and the thread was locked.

Problem: Running Vista Premium 64-Bit SP1. Almost immediately after log-in, red shield with an X shows up in the system tray. It informs me that my anti-spyware may be out of date. Opening up the Windows Security Center and I get Malware protection with a red background. Expanding the dropdown and Virus protection green with the text "ZoneAlarm Security Suite Antivirus reports that it is up to date and virus scan is on". The Spyware and other malware protection is red, reporting out of date with the text, "ZoneAlarm Security Suite Anti-Spyware reports that it might be out of date. ZoneAlarm Security Anti-Spyware has not provided Security Center with a program to fix this issue." When I manually update ZoneAlarm, it informs me that it is up to date.

History: Bought this laptop in December 2008. Ran the trial Norton for about a month. Then in January, installed the beta version of ZoneAlarm Extreme Protection because there was no Vista 64-Bit support for the Internet Security Suite yet. Yes, I first fully uninstalled Norton before the install. Observed this issue of the spyware out of date with the beta as well. Last month attempted to uninstall the beta to install the Internet Security Suite and it would not uninstall automatically. Removed it manually via instructions on website (note, may want to update instructions for 64-Bit vista. I "translated" the instructions to the different directory and register locations, but somebody else may have issues) and installed the Internet Security Suite. Started see the out of date messages almost immediately.

I am not running any additional virus or spyware software. Secunia's Personal Software Inspector is probably the closest thing, but it is more of a patch manager.

Hardware information:
    ASUS G50VT-X1
    P8400, 4GB RAM
    9800M GS Video Card

Detailed version information:
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version 8.0.298.035
    TrueVector Security Engine version 8.0.298.035
    Driver version 8.0.298.035
    Anti-virus engine version 6.0.2.678, DAT file version 983304857
    Anti-spyware engine version 5.0.209.0, DAT file version 01.200904.5795
    AntiSpam version 6.0.0.1429

Operating System:Windows Vista 64 bit
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Vista 64-Bit Reporting Spyware out-of-date when ZoneAlarm is reporting no updates are available

Hi!when you see that there is not resolution on the board please contact ZA technical support directly:www.zonealarm.com/tsform or live chat link in my signature.ZA staff does not monitor this board, we are all users here.Please report back if you find a solution. It will help other users.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information