Thread: Zone Alarm Sandboxie and AV on-access scanning

vode Guest

Default Zone Alarm Sandboxie and AV on-access scanning

I've been having this problem since upgrading to ZAISS 8.0.298. I googled it and found this thread here http://forums.zonealarm.com/zonelabs...ssage.id=83856
    and this one on the Sandboxie forum http://www.sandboxie.com/phpbb/viewt...36c3654e9dd1a4
    What Ratman posts there is exactly what I'm experiencing: "After updating Zone Alarm Security Suite from 8.0.59 to 8.0.298, when closing some programs executed in Sandboxie, the screen freezes with only the pointer moving around but no other reaction clicking around or using the keyboard, the only way out is to reset the PC". There's a suggestion there that removing
    Sandboxie program entries from
    ZA Program Control screen and then
    Reinstalling Sandboxie might be a fix.
    I'm thinking about trying that, and if that fails I'll try reseting ZA or maybe doing a clean ZA install. But before I do anything I wondered if anyone else here has had this problem and if they've found a good workaround?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Zone Alarm Sandboxie and AV on-access scanning

Hi!I think I have not seen a single post about Sandboxie and ZA andhow to resolve potential conflicts with latest version.Sorry.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

vode Guest

I've tried
    the re-installing Sandboxie idea, actually I downloaded the latest version, and so far no more freezes. It didn't happen every time before so it might just be coincidence that it's stopped. I'll post again if the problem comes back.
    If that happens I think I'll try a ZA reset or a clean ZA install and see if that fixes it. Fingers crossed.

Thank you for the update!Please post back with you final assessment.Cheers,Fax

vode Guest

Over the last two weeks the problem has gradually returned, first with a short delay after closing a sandboxie window until yesterday my computer froze completely and had to be reset. By coincidence I had just downloaded ZAISS 8.0.298.035, so I've taken the opportunity to unistall ZAISS and sandboxie, clean up any remains with CCleaner and then do a clean install of both.
    At the moment everything is working perfectly; I'll post again if the problem comes back.
    And one more comment, my ZAISS 8.0.298.035 and 8.0.298.000 installs have been the easiest I can remember for a long time. Both were simple and quick to install with everything back and working in record time. So, apart from the sandboxie thing, thank you Zonelabs a job well done.

Hi!thank you for your update... glad to hear the installation went very well.Next version of ZA will still hopefully improve the upgrade process ensuring that all ZA components are removed before updating.Cheers,Fax

vode Guest

This is just a post to confirm that, for me at least,
    Sandboxie 3.36.02 is the solution to the ZA 8.0 Sandboxie clash; ten days since I installed with no repeats of the freezing problem. Follow this link and then the link in the tzuk's message to download this version of Sandboxie. http://www.sandboxie.com/phpbb/viewt...f13ee1da#35637

Great!Please note that 3.36.02 is an internal build and 3.36.04 is the official one.Cheers,Fax

Thread Information