Thread: Anti Virus wont update

ianls Guest

Default Anti Virus wont update

I seem to be having the same problem as other people.I have just updated my Zone Alarm to the latest version (an paid a fair bit of money for the privelage) and the anti virus will not update.

I know it is downloading something because the blocks move and I can see the activity but after a few minutes it comes up with an error saying it can't update. I have followed all the advice given to the others and cleaned and re-installed a number of times. I have removed all possible conflicting software with no result other than to make me stay up real late (2am) trying to fix this. I have even tried going back to an older version of ZA and trying that and I get the same result.

Nothing has changed on the machine apart from the fact that I now contact via a Wifi router rather than hub direct - but I can't see that being an issue.

Anyone got any bright ideas as it seem not just to effect me but others as well but as I have just paid out for 2 years of updates I am not really willing to let this go like the others.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:6.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Antivirus

Default Re: Anti Virus wont update

Hi!if you already tried everything in here, please contact ZA technical support directly: www.zonealarm.com/tsform and explain the issue and what you have done to resolve it.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

skunked Guest

I have the same problem on Zone Alarm Extreme, the spyware updates, antivirus will not update, reports the task encountered an error. I have tried just upgrading my Zone Alarm, when that didnt work I tried the clean install and that does not work. I have followed the instructions to delete the updates and temp files and retried and it still will not update.Very frustrating, I will call tech support next week, until then any suggestions appreciated.

ianls Guest

Now this is getting a joke. I tried that link and entered all the information but when I press submit the screen goes back to the ZA Home page. I even tried it again just in case it was me but its not.

I can find no other way of getting in touch ith ZA on the website and I definatly will NOT be paying for premium support when their basic is so bad.

I really regret buying this software now.

Hi!use Internet Explorer... works fine here... must be something else on your end.Ask for a refund here: www.zonealarm.com/csformIn about 5 to 10 miniutes you will receive your ticket number.. if not.. the message has been junked by your ISP or mail provider.Please note that there is no ZA staff here, only users... Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 03-28-2009 11:15 PM

ianls Guest

Tried that and it takes me to a page where it says "unable to process request". Mozilla and Firefox just return me to home page.

Have gone to CS and requested my money back.

Sorry if I snapped at your Fax but when its 01:00 and the software/website still don't work properly tempers get a bit frayed

Ian

Great!Don't have to be sorry.. If you are happy I am happy I close this thread.. please do not hesitate to open a new thread if you need further help with ZA products.Cheers,Fax

Thread Information