Thread: I cant update my spyware definitions

streetsmart Guest

Default I cant update my spyware definitions

Its been 2 weeks and i cant update my spyware def's....I am able to do it on my laptop but not my Desktop.
    It says unable to perform updare task and then later on it says completed but my def's still read March 12th....Its now March 29th
    Please help.
    This darn 60 minutes show has me tripping out

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:6.1
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

sjoeii Guest

Default Re: I cant update my spyware definitions

You might want to upgrade to v2009. Looks like you are on a "old" version

See http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=56115.

There is no guarantee the antispyware scanner of the ZA will update every week. Occasional gaps in the update frequency are not unusual.
    The best protection from the conflictor is still the antivirus scanner not the average antispyware scanner's protection.

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

streetsmart Guest

Where can i upgrade to the new version?
    I run the update everyday so i dont know why it didnt update itself to the 09 version....Help?

streetsmart Guest

I just downloaded Panda and ran a free scan and it told me that my Zone Alarm has been disabled.....Is Panda running a scam so i buy the program?
    Or am i really disabled and vulnerable?
    What shoild i do?

<blockquote><hr>STREETSMART wrote:
    I just downloaded Panda and ran a free scan and it told me that my Zone Alarm has been disabled.....Is Panda running a scam so i buy the program?
    Or am i really disabled and vulnerable?
    What shoild i do?

<hr></blockquote>

If the ZA icon is active in the tray and the vsmon.exe and zlclient.exe is seen in the task manager, then the ZA is active and running properly as it should be.

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

streetsmart Guest

Yes both are active in the taskmanager.
    But it still wont update my darn spyware definitions

Then this panda scan is wrong - the ZA is active and running.
    Also the ZA running or not is not related as to whether or not there are new spyware definitions available at the ZA update servers.

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

streetsmart Guest

Im running the 6.1 version on the PC in question and on my laptop im running the 7.0.483
    The laptop is downloading no problem but the PC says that there was a problem with the update....
    I ran Spybot Search and Destroy and that program found a ton of errors and removed them all.
    I then ran a DEEP scan with the spyware on ZA and it found 2 more malware/Viruses.
    I still cant update...
    Am i safe from the Conflictor bug or am i just overreacting to that darn 60 minutes episode?

<blockquote><hr>STREETSMART wrote:
    Im running the 6.1 version on the PC in question and on my laptop im running the 7.0.483
    The laptop is downloading no problem but the PC says that there was a problem with the update....
    I ran Spybot Search and Destroy and that program found a ton of errors and removed them all.
    I then ran a DEEP scan with the spyware on ZA and it found 2 more malware/Viruses.
    I still cant update...
    Am i safe from the Conflictor bug or am i just overreacting to that darn 60 minutes episode?
    <hr></blockquote>

You are over-reacting to the 60 minutes show if you have fully updated or patched your windows. And use a properly updated antivirus (which I do hope you use, not just ZA and Spybot).

But if you find other malware and viruses on the machines, then conflictor is the least of your worries.

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information