Thread: ZA Anti-virus doesn't complete scan.

stormsy Guest

Default ZA Anti-virus doesn't complete scan.

Hey,

I have tried to run a complete anti-virus and anti-spyware of my PC, however, the scan hangs. When I performed both scans (first anti-virus then the anti-spyware comes in afterwards) it hangs at the end of the spyware scan (the antivirus completes okay.)

When I tried to do each scan separately, I cannot close down the scan box for the anti-virus nor the anti-spyware. It just hangs. I know there has been another thread about this, but the folder that the posters mention doesn't happen to me. Signatures update no problem - it just hangs. I have looked in the logs and it says that the scan is completed.

Also - was there a product update for ZA that was released around the 3rd of March time? If so is it this product; 8.0.298.000?

Also - it only takes about 5mins to complete a scan of over 110,000 files. I take it that they improved the antivirus engine then?

Many thanks!
    Stormsy.

Operating System:
    Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Message Edited by Stormsy on 03-30-2009 01:03 AM

rawebb Guest

Default Re: ZA Anti-virus doesn't complete scan.

<blockquote><hr>Stormsy wrote:

Also - it only takes about 5mins to complete a scan of over 110,000 files. I take it that they improved the antivirus engine then?

<hr></blockquote>

Would you mind checking your ZA Anti-Virus logs? The first hint that I had a problem was the ultra-fast (impossibly fast) time to complete the AV scan. What was happening was that the AV engine was unable to access any file (cause still unknown, investigating) and then skipping on to the next file without taking time to scan it.

stormsy Guest

I wish I could tell you but after I posted my first message I decided to reinstall ver: 8.0.059, everything works fine now.

I remember that the scan only hung after it was completed - in the logs it said that the scan was complete, but the display panel still showed it hanging on the very last file, which was always different.

I do not know what is going on but reinstalling a previous version worked.

Sorry if I cannot help you.
    Stormsy.

rawebb Guest

Roger that. I've just completed an MBAM scan after a complete scrub of ZA. Nothing bad found. Moving on to a SuperAntispyware check before reinstalling ZA.

I'll probably also drop back to the prior release, just in case.

Thread Information