Thread: Ultra Deep Virus Scan Stalled after 97,003 files...

themaleone Guest

Default Ultra Deep Virus Scan Stalled after 97,003 files...

It stalled on "Win32.worm.Small.AK". Now, it didn't say it found the worm, it just stalled there after 6 minutes, 18 sec. And when I tried to cancel the scan, nothing happened. The window would not close even when I clicked on the red "X" in the upper right corner. I then went back to "scanning modes" reset it to normal, it completed the scan with no infections found. I ran the ultra deep scan (which I have never done before, I've run a "deep scan" but not the ultra deep scan) to see if that new worm "Conficker.C" was present. This past Sunday, my computer was scanned automatically (that is, how I have it scheduled)
    with the normal scan and nothing was found, but I wanted to do the ultra deep scan just in case because this "Conficker.C" sounded very serious, and because I never did an ultra deep scan.
    I have the product "Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite".So should I be worried that this "Win32.worm.Small.AK" is on my computer? I've run all the updates and upgrades Zone Alarm notifies me of, including the 80_298_000. And I have the program set to automatic updates every 3 hours. Let me know if you need any more information. Thanks for any direction you can give me.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

gyrobob Guest

Default Re: Ultra Deep Virus Scan Stalled after 97,003 files...

Exactly the same thing happened to my Zone Alarm Security Suite. The scan stalled after 110,000 files, and stayed stalled until I canceled the scan two hours later.

Thread Information