Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: UI is initializing

thekabuki Guest

Default Re: UI is initializing

Guru: In my last post I mentioned that when I try to enter the license key ,I'm receiving error message that it's invalid.

The product I purchased was ZoneAlarm Antivirus 1 PC - 1 Year

After doing the uninstall/reinstall, I'm notice that I have the Zone Alarm Security Suite, which has a different interface and more bells & whistles than what I previously had.

Is is possible that my license key isn't coming up as valid because the ZA Security SUITE is installed (free trial at this point) rather than the plain ZA Antivirus that I have purchased? Just wondering if there's a connection somehow to this? Are these two separate products?

I'm trying to enter my license key from the main page "Enter License Key". And I am copy/pasting so definitely not an issue of entering it wrong.

Have submitted a service request, but so far have not had a reply other than the standard form email that request was received.

thekabuki Guest

Well, answered my own question...guess they are two separate products.

When I was following Guru's directions on a clean uninstall/reinstall I got to #30:

30. Re-download the ZA installer
    www.zonealarm.com/zasuitedownload/

which takes you to the ZA SUITE which is what I downloaded. Because I had only purchased the ZA Antivirus & not the Suite, the license key didn't work when I tried entering it in the ZA SUITE

So I went to my Account Order Details page, clicked onto the Download Now (ZA AV 1yr) ; downloaded but didn't install.

Then using Add/Remove, I removed the ZA SUITE, restarted and installed just the plain ZA Anti-virus. Then I was successful in entering the license key.

Having done all of this, everything is working fine with newest ZA version 8.0.298.035

Whew...that was quite a bit of work!
    Thanks GURU for all of your help

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>thekabuki wrote:
    Guru: Just wanted to say THANK YOU!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>You're welcome!

Before I reinstall Spybot, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Don't reinstall it conflicts with ZA. There are better free tools out there...

I chose to install the ZA version 8.0.059 rather than the newest one (8.0.23??).
    Thanks again Guru!!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Bad choice, you should ALWAYS install the latest version. If you read this board you would not install ANY version. The same applies to any support board. http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...298_035_en.exeCheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 04-05-2009 02:02 PM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Well, answered my own question...guess they are two separate products.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>yes, they are different... next time use the signature with the version of ZA you use... so you help users to know what you are using.

Thanks GURU for all of your help
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Didn't do much.. Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information