Thread: Trojan.Crypt.XPACK.Gen && Exploit.Java.ByteVerify

paul_chicago Guest

Default Trojan.Crypt.XPACK.Gen && Exploit.Java.ByteVerify

Hello,

After booting up on the morning of April 2, I noticed that my system tray was only half-full. One of the items missing was ZA Security Suite icon. (I am running version 8.0.059.000)

So, I manually ran ZASS from the Start menu, and then ran the Ultra Deep Virus/Spy Scan. It detected & deleted the trojan "Win32.Trojan.Crypt.XPACK.Gen" and the virus "Exploit.Java.ByteVerify". The Firewall logged eight high UDP Incoming events between 3/31-4/2.

However, my PC still acts odd. For example:
    1. After each bootup, the system tray is still missing items like ZASS, even though it is listed in MSCONFIG's Startup tab (which responds correctly when I check or uncheck "Load ZASS at startup" in ZASS's "Preferences" menu.) After bootup, Zlclient.exe is also missing from Windows Task Manager "Processes" tab, so it isn't a Windows system tray error.
    2. Starting my email program Eudora now causes ZASS to pop-up a permission window, saying "Eudora is trying to launch Ctfmon.exe"

Does this sound like I am still infected? I ran the Conficker detector from both Microsoft & **bleep**, and they both said "not infected".

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

paul_chicago Guest

Default Re: Trojan.Crypt.XPACK.Gen && Exploit.Java.ByteVerify

I just re-read my message and for some reason the word "b i t d e f e n d e r" was replaced with "**bleep** - ??!!!

findley Guest

Paul_Chicago,
    Competitor product names get bleeped.

To determine
    if your computer
    is infected, see fax's detailed cleaning guidelines
    http://forum.zonealarm.com/zonelabs/...essage.id=3787
    Findley

Hi!also note that ZA does not play nice with many other security tools. They may block its correct functioning including updates. For example, spyware doctor, spysweeper, trojan hunter, win patrol, PCtools Threat Fire, Mcafee, Norton, Symantec, Adaware, SpybotS&D, WinPatrol, AVG, NOD, Kaspersky and manyothers. If you want to troubleshoot issues with ZA please remove these tools (not enough to disable) and install back (if you really need) only after you see your ZASS is working as it should.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

paul_chicago Guest

thanks Fax & Findley.

Before posting my question, I searched the Forum and followed those safe-boot scan directions, to no avail. I only have one security product running on my PC (ZASS).

Although my system is still clearly infected, ZASS, S u p e r A n t i S p y w a r e, MS anti-malware, and a few others have said "All systems clear". So, as soon as I log off of the Forum, I'll be digging out my original CD's and formatting the old hard disk.

findley Guest

Paul_Chicago,
    Good luck!

Findley

Thread Information