Thread: Zonealarm Antivirus plus Firewall

vegas Guest

Default Zonealarm Antivirus plus Firewall

I recently purchased ZoneAlarm AV plus Firewall 2009 for $29.99. I was told the antivirus
    provided by ZoneAlarm
    is by
    Kaspersky. However, the standalone 2009
    Kaspersky Antivirus sells for $59.99. Why is the Kaspersky AV being sold for 30 dollars more when for less I also get a firewall when bought through ZoneAlarm? Is the Kaspersky AV that comes with Zonealarm the same as the boxed Kaspersky AV? Thanks.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Antivirus

stupefy Guest

Default Re: Zonealarm Antivirus plus Firewall

No, the Antivirus provided by the ZoneAlarm by Check Point Security Software Products are not the same Product as
    the Boxed Kaspersky Antivirus Product. ZoneAlarm by Check Point Utilizes the Kaspersky Antivirus Engine in the
    ZoneAlarm by Check Point Security Software Products. However, ZoneAlarm by Check Point provides their own
    Antivirus/Antispyware Signatures for the ZoneAlarm by Check Point Security Software Products.
    The Antivirus/Antispyware Signatures that are Downloaded by the ZoneAlarm by Check Point Client Security Software
    Products are Provided by and Downloaded from the ZoneAlarm by Checkpoint Servers.
    The ZoneAlarm Antispyware is Homegrown, an Product of ZoneAlarm by Check Point.

vegas Guest

Ok did not know that. Thanks for the info. Do you know how ZoneAlarm anitivirus stands up to the other top notch antivirus programs?

stupefy Guest

Virus Bulletin VB100 Results September 02, 2008
    http://www.virusbtn.com/news/2008/09_02

Thread Information