Thread: Spyware Scann Killed Snood Program

rhatch Guest

Default Spyware Scann Killed Snood Program

The result of a Zone Alarm spyware scan has stopped Snood 4, a computer game that I've been playing for a number of years, from loading and running. The file that Zone Alarm said was a trojan is required by Snood 4. The name of the file is glut32.dll.

Are you certain that glut32.dll is actually a threat, or is there a chance that it is a false positive?

I have notified the company that makets Snood that you are accusing their program of being a threat.

If there is any chance that this is a false positive, how do I restore glut32.dll so I can continue to play Snood?

(In your message system, you require me to enter the "Software Version". This question comes right after the one that asks my operating system. I assume the software version is the version of the operating system, except that the options presented do not correspond to versions of this operating system. I doubt whether you are asking for the version number of the software that your program disabled. Therefore, I entered the software version of the Zone Alarm software. Perhaps the question could be explained more clearly. The explanatory note [Software Version of the user posting] was meaningless, since I am the user and I do not have a software version.)

rhatch

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Spyware Scann Killed Snood Program

Hi!you can exclude the file from the AV in ZA antivirus/antispyware tab --> Advanced --> Virus Management --> Exceptions --> add file...To report the false positive see here below:http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b....id=3780#M3780To cross check it is really a false positive upload the file to www.virustotal.comCheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information