Thread: Help!. I downloaded the latest update 8..... and now my z...

tgirl Guest

Default Help!. I downloaded the latest update 8..... and now my z...

Help!. I downloaded the latest update 8..... and now my zone alarm doesn't opem from either the start menu, task bar or folder. When I click on the icon in the taskbar it says "protection is up, UI initializing" This has been going on for days. How can I gix this. Rebooting did not help.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

thekabuki Guest

Default Re: Help!. I downloaded the latest update 8..... and now my z...

Same thing happened to me. Ended up having to do a complete uninstall/reinstall and now it is working fine.

Check out the thread titled "UI is Initializing" and follow GURU:FAX's directions on how to do a clean reinstall. I'm a total newbie when it comes to this stuff and was able to do this using his procedure.

The only problem I had (and it was my fault) is that when it came time to reinstall, I accidentally chose the wrong ZA product to reinstall. I only have the 1yr Anti-virus/Firewall installed and ended up installing the ZA SUITE instead. When I did that, I couldn't' get my license key to work, since I hadn't bought the SUITE but only the AV/Firewall product.

Other than that, everything went good and is working now.

tgirl Guest

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!. I followed this and everything seems to be a go. I did have to re-enter my license key though, good thing I saved it.... Many Thanks, Hope this never happens again.

thekabuki Guest

All the thanks goes to Guru:Fax. He's the one who helped me out , just passing along his fine advice

Thread Information