Thread: UNABLE to update antivirus [repeat post that was deleted last nite

davehip Guest

Default UNABLE to update antivirus [repeat post that was deleted last nite

ZA security suite
    unable to
    update antivirus [it works fine with anti spyware update]the error message -> the task encountered an errori downloaded and use the latest ZA security suite version 8.0.298.035
    as i was toldby the technical advisor but yet the problem still there.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

phoenixfury Guest

Default Re: UNABLE to update antivirus [repeat post that was deleted last nite

I have a similar problem, after renewing my ZA Security Suite and entering the new serial code, the program has decided to stop allowing me to update the anti-virus however also spyware.
    I bought a license for 3 computers and installed it on the vista laptop without any problems, then when I installed it on the desktop (XP) it has had this problem. If anyone has any info on fixing this please share.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>phoenixfury wrote:
    I have a similar problem, after renewing my ZA Security Suite and entering the new serial code, the program has decided to stop allowing me to update the anti-virus however also spyware. I bought a license for 3 computers and installed it on the vista laptop without any problems, then when I installed it on the desktop (XP) it has had this problem. If anyone has any info on fixing this please share.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>1.) Is your WinXP Fully Updated to Service Pack 3 and latest update?
    2.) Do you have any other Security Software Installed that may be Conflicting with ZoneAlarm Security Suite?NOTICE:Please note that ZASS and ZAXdo not play nice with many overlapping security tools (even if disabled). To troubleshoot ZASS/ZAX issues removethe other Security programsand install them back once you see that ZA works as it should. For example,Norton/Symantec, McAfee,AVG, Spyspweeper, Spyware Doctor, trojan hunter, adware, SpyBotS&amp;D, PC tools Threat Fire, any otherAnti-virus, Anti-spyware, Registry Guard or locking tools, etc...ZASS 7.0 for XP was designed to work with SP2,ZASS 8.0 for XP was designed to work Best with SP3However ZASS 8.0 will install on WinXP Sp2..There are numerous Security Leaks found in WinXP SP2 that were found and Fixed with SP3..

<B class=headblack2>System Requirements for ZoneAlarm Products:[/B]Vista (32-bit): <UL><LI>Pentium III 800 MHz or higher <LI>Minimum system RAM: 512 MB <LI>50MB of available hard disk space. Internet access.</LI>[/list]Windows XP Operating System: <UL><LI>Pentium III 450 MHz or higher <LI>XP Service Packs 2 and 3 <LI>Minimum system RAM: 128 MB <LI>50MB of available hard disk space. Internet access.</LI>[/list]NOTICE: No Security Software run on WinXP Sp2 can protect you from the Windows Security Flaws found in Windows SP2that were Fix with Windows SP3, until you upgrade to SP3....---------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.298.035
    TrueVector version:8.0.298.035
    Driver version:8.0.298.035
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:985035865
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.209.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200905.5955
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.1429
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    2nd Computer WinXP SP3 32-Bit
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.298.035

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    3rd Computer Vista Home Premium SP1 32-Bit
    ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version:8.0.298.035
    ZoneAlarm ForceField 1.3.153.0
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

rasloane Guest

I too am experiencing the same problem. I cannot update. I get the messages

Anti-virus:
    Error Unable to Install

Anti-Spyware:
    Error Unable to connect to update server.

I have tried several times to uninstall and re-install, I have also used the &quot;reset&quot; nothing helped.

Hi!please contact directly the ZA technical support at: www.zonealarm.com/tsform or the Live chat (link in my signature).Post back when you will resolve the issue it will help other users with the same problems.Cheers,Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

rasloane Guest

Some how my reply was sent before I was done typing.

I was going to add that I tried updating from work, which has a proxy server. I turned on the proxy settings but could not tell Zone Alarm was even trying to go through the proxy, I did not get a login and password prompt from the proxy server.

Is there a way to manually download and install the updates?

Hi!ZA isnot a enterprise product and does not support proxy with username and password.There is no way I know to update ZA offline.Sorry,Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

Thread Information