AntiVirus download window closes before download complete. Let me give details.

My setup: Zone Alarm firewall and AV and SpyWare are always on. At least once a week I get updates and then scan my entire system for both AV and SW. I presently have:

ZA version 8.0.298.035 (latest)

AV 915051681

SW 01.200905.5915 (latest last week)

Spam 6.0.0.1429

ForceField 1.3.153.0

No competing programs running.

XP SP3 totally up to date.

Problem: I start update, "checking for AV update", "downloading AV update", lots of bytes coming through the modem. The progress bar sets up for about 3 hours. At about the midpoint, the download window just closes, and that is it.
Download not completed.

Please note, there are several things it is NOT: It is NOT a closing of the internet connection. The connection remains open and usable. It is the download window that closes, without my intervention.

It is NOT conflict with some
new program. ZA AV update has been working since the last new program was installed.

It is NOT conflict with update of XP. The AV update still worked after the last XP update.

About two years ago something similar happened. Just once. The next day I tried it again, and it worked
then, and ever since, up to now.

This time, it has happened three times, twice when the download was the only thing running on the computer, and once when I was reading content on another web site at the same time. Each time it closed after about 11/2 hours. The third time, I was looking at the monitor when it happened: 1 hour 32 minutes.

Things I tried:

Reset ZA, following the instructions given someone else on this user site. Still not work.

Reupgraded ZA from the disk. Still not work.

What to do?

Is it reasonable that an AV update would take three hours? It usually takes maybe ten or twenty minutes.

I am suspecting that the download site has a time limit. If so, I will never be able to download from there. How can I get up to date on updates?

Thank you for your help. I will report the success of what you tell me to do.

John Herring

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Software Version:8.0
Product Name:ZoneAlarm Antivirus