Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anti-Virus & Anti-Spyware can't be updated -> please add 127.0.0 Trusted Zone

shakur Guest

Exclamation Anti-Virus & Anti-Spyware can't be updated -> please add 127.0.0 Trusted Zone

Dear Community, need help regarding Anti-virus updates.

I am using ZAISS on Vista and recently windows security showed alert that anti-virus is outdated. therefore, i opended ZAISS U-A then went to anti-virus tab clicked on "updated now" button but the problem is that "update now" buttons doesn't respond when i click on it it dose nothing. So i decided to change anti-virus update to be checked automatically every hour. I have waited for hours but still i cant update it.

it's been a week now that my anti-virus and spyware definitions are not updated please help. I have tried to contact my dear friend OldSod but he is unable to respond back to me. Please any Guru's please help. Thank you.

Shakur

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.059.000
    Driver version:8.0.059.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:985619341
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200905.6005
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Charles_B Guest

Default Re: Anti-Virus & Anti-Spyware can't be updated - need urgent help

Maybe this information could be of help.Read Guru fax detail thread at this link :

http://forums.zonealarm.org/zonelabs...ssage.id=33224

I have no other suggestion other than this to resolve your issue.

ZoneAlarm staff does not monitor this board. We are all users here.

If you have a valid license you can can contact free of charge ZoneAlarm Technical Support and Customer Service at :

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...ce-support.htm

Technical Support Live Chat
    Available Mon-Fri 8am-5:30pm PST

Customer Service Live Chat
    Available Mon-Fri 5am-7:45pm PST
    Available Sat-Sun 6am-6pm PST

Have a nice Day

shakur Guest

Thanks Charles_B. i did try Fax's way but it did'nt work so i contact Zone Alarm they told me to put a expert rule on ZA's firewall section and now i can get updates. I have small question, if you dont mind answering. You know on Vista version of ZAISS it has a IM security feature how can i disable it because on UI it dosn't show it. Thanks

Shakur

Hi!there is no specific IM security feature in ZASS or in other versions of ZA later than version 7.Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 06-06-2009 12:35 AM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Charles_B Guest

Could you share this information for the benefit of forum users that may encounter this issue.

Thank You

Yes! Good point... I was going to ask :8}May be try to edit your subject to 'hint' to the solution. This will be maximising the chance that users will find the answer.Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 06-06-2009 01:52 AM

shakur Guest

Default Re: Anti-Virus & Anti-Spyware can't be updated - Solution for ME

Sorry for late reply Guru Fax and Charles B.

About the solution. When i contact them ZA they give a small software which allows them to temporally take control over the computer.
    So, first thing the ZA technician checked was ZA's folder in system32 then he checked ZA's component in registry, While checking he did not make any changes. then he went to ZA UI then clicked on Program Control then clicked on Programs then right-clicked on "Check Point Updating client" and choose "options". On the "option menu" he unchecked "enable parental control for this program" and then check on " This program may use other Programs to access the internet" after that he went to Expert Rule Tab. There he clicked on add, after:

Name: update
    Comment: update
    State: enable
    Action: Allow
    Track: log only

Source: Trusted
    Destination: Host/Site -> then for drescription he put "update1 trusted" then he added this "cm2.zonelabs.com" then pressed lookup then ok. He repeated this process for the following.
    cm2.zonelabs.com
    hs2.zonelabs.com
    ls2.zonelabs.com
    update.zonelabs.com

after that he did not left the Protocol and Time to any. in other words he did not put anything there. Pressed ok. Then restart the zone alarm which he right-clicked on the icon then choose the "shut down" button after restart. He clicked on update and it worked click a charm.

As answer to Guru Fax's comment on IM security on ZAISS 8. There is IM security on ZAISS but it is not included on the UI instead to disable it you have to add some sort of code to ZA's XML file. I dont remember the code but the technician disable it.

I would like to Thank Charles B and Guru Fax for responding to me. Thanks, 1 last but small question, Where is OLDSOD?.

Best Regards,
    Shakur

Message Edited by Shakur on 06-08-2009 02:10 AM

hendyng Guest

Default Re: Anti-Virus & Anti-Spyware can't be updated

I face the same problem with the 'no-response' update button after i upgraded my ZAXS to the newest version. I did uninstall again and did the cleaning uninstallation procedure then install again. Issues still occur the same. Of what Mr.Shakur advice, i can't found any "Check Point Updating client" on the program control as i'm using the newest ZAXS version. And now i'm really stuck with this all.Somebody help me please..

I'm using Vista Ultimate SP2 32bit and ZAXS 8.0.400.020

Thank you..

Default Re: Anti-Virus & Anti-Spyware can't be updated

Hi!you seem to have a lot of issues with your VISTA installation, betteto contact ZA technical support, link in my signature.Let us know how you resolved it.Also check for malware with MBAM and superantispyware:http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...essage.id=3787Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 06-08-2009 08:16 AM

Default Re: Anti-Virus & Anti-Spyware can't be updated - Solution for ME

Hi!thank you for the solution! Pity that the latest version seems to have hardcoded the checkpoint client update permission, so it is not anymore listed.Cheers,Fax

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information