Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zone Alarm Extreme Security (Ver. 8.0.400.20) Suite is a Virus?

aviz Guest

Default Zone Alarm Extreme Security (Ver. 8.0.400.20) Suite is a Virus?

Hi All,

It is to inform you that ESET Smart Security (Version 4.0.424) is detecting Zone Alarm Extreme Security Suite (Ver. 8.0.400.020) as NewHeur_PE Virus. I have downloaded the file from official website using Download Accelerator and it was detected as the Virus in Real Time protection & due to this downloading stopped. I have already have some words with ESET support executives for the same. And as per their advisors it is a Unknown Virus aka Probably NewHeur_PE Virus.

Requested to kindly look into the matter.

Regds.

Avinash Rana

Operating System:Windows Vista Ultimate
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Extreme Security

Default Re: Zone Alarm is a Virus? => Please report the false positive

Hi!you have to report to ESET the false positive. The file is clean if downloaded from ZA servers.Please note that you should NOT install ZA Extreme with ESET installed at the same time.It can cause conflicts, locks and mulfunctions (=less security). Remove any other security tool before install ZA Extreme.Please STOP double, tripleposting your messages. Post only once.Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 06-06-2009 09:57 AM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

aviz Guest

According to ESET one file cpes_clean.exe which is included in Zone Alarm Extreme Security Suite (Ver 8.0.400.20)is probably a NewHeur_PE virus. As per them the last previous version of the same suite is a clean. Even i have tested the previous version of Zone Alarm Extreme Security
    (Ver. 8.0.298.0) and it was clean. Secondly i have tried to download other updated products i.e Internet Security Suite, Zone Alarm Pro, and Zone Alarm Antivirus but all goes in vain. All of them were detected as Virus by ESET. Whole set of files are clean except one file which is mentioned above.

They said that this is harmful for your PC health to ignore this suite. Hence suggested me to delete it without any execuse.

I would like to purchase the product of yours, but due to this confusion (Virus Alert in Your products) i have just sidelined it.

Please Elaborate so that other users who are facing this problem might get some sort of relief.

Regds.

Avinash

Hi!maybe I was not clear enough. The antivirus you are using is wrongly detecting ZA as malware.You need to report this FALSE detection to the antivirus producer so they can correct the heuristic detection that is incorrect.If you want to purchase ZA then remove the other software before installing it. ZA has 15 days trial on all products. Try the software before buying it.If you have a valid license to the other product you should contact their technical support to fix the false positive. Provide them with the link to the installer.Enough clear now? Cheers,FaxBy the way, this is a user support forum, ZA staff does not monitor this board, we are all users here.

Message Edited by fax on 06-06-2009 03:02 PM

aviz Guest

So Where I can raise the alarm ? I need to have words with Zone Alarm Support Engineers. Yeah i m having the Licensed Product of ESET which going to expired on Sept. 2009. That is why i m trying to test the product. But all goes in vain.

Regds

Avinash

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Aviz wrote:
    So Where I can raise the alarm ?
    Avinash
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> May be my English is not good enough. I am very sorry.Lets try again:You have to write toESET supportFax

aviz Guest

Your English is rocking dear. I guess i m bit confused to let you understand. In my last post i have said i want to have some words with ZoneAlarm Support executives. So that i can bring this issue into their knowledge.

As i already know that you are also a blank user like me without having programming knowledge. So i want to talk to them. As it may be possible that other AV users are also facing the same problem.

Regds.

Avinash

Hi!ZA staff can't do nothing for fixing the false positive. They have no control on ESET software.This happens all the time with many security tools, nothing new, nothing to upscale or discuss about.Its just a matter of reporting it. Earlier you will write toESET, earlier they will fix the false positive. Considering that you should not have ESET installed while trying ZA, the problem is also of minorrelevance.Unless you have any other issue I will close this thread since we have exhausted any usefulargument.Cheers,Fax

aviz Guest

I know that Me, You and zone alarm can't do anything with ESET false positive. But might there is some problem with their suite. I m not guessing it as because i have now tested it with McAfee 8.7i and it also said it is a Generic Artemis.

Now What to say?

Avinash

Hi!yes, another HEURISTIC detection. "...Although heuristic analysis is capable of detecting many previously-unknown viruses and new variants of current viruses, the effectiveness is fairly low regarding accuracy and the number of false positives... ". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heuristic_analysisAnother false positive. Nothing new, nothing to outcry. Heuristic detection can result in manyfalse positives.Will close this thread soon, this is a ZA product support forum not a false positive analysis board Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 06-06-2009 03:48 PM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information