Thread: update error: invalid file signatures

scottl Guest

Default update error: invalid file signatures

Hi. I've been getting this update download error, and hoping that the problem is at ZA's end. I'm sure it's not a connection problem, because it was connecting and beginning to download, and then going back to the beginning and then ending with the message "encountered an error." The update log mentions "criteria does not match" and "failed to enumerate local files, local primary index does not exist," and result is "invalid file signatures." I did clean uninstall and got this latest version, 8.0.400.020. Now the error message is "download error," but the update log is very similar, which leads me to believe that the problem is at ZA's end, but this has been going on since 5 days ago. Here is last part of log. Thanks.
    14:30:31: HTTP response received. Header:
    HTTP/1.0 200 OK
    Last-Modified: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 17:24:53 GMT
    Content-Length: 1169
    ETag: "2e5c3d6dbd1ad73b5547c75f36689c59:1244827741& quot;
    Proxy-Connection: close
    Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 18:30:30 GMT
    Accept-Ranges: bytes
    Content-Type: application/xml
    Server: Apache
    14:30:31: HTTP message successfully received, content length = 1169
    14:30:31: Facility requested to close connection
    14:30:31: File 'index/master.xml' downloaded
    14:30:31: File C:/WINDOWS/system32/zonelabs/avsys/temp/ZAAV/index/master.xml downloaded with Regetting facility and checked successfully
    14:30:31: ========= Downloading primary index result Success =========
    14:30:31: Filling file entry (updcfg.xml) with default LocalPath (C:/WINDOWS/system32/zonelabs/avsys/root/)
    14:30:31: Filling file entry (kasset.xml) with default LocalPath (C:/WINDOWS/system32/zonelabs/avsys/root/)
    14:30:31: File matches download criteria: file kavset.xml, Application , Component AVS, relative URL bases/five/avc/, local path C:\WINDOWS\system32\zonelabs\avsys\Bases/, original path %BaseFolder%, size 367600, signature 0XLSznpdI71fB300e7Uwj1n3nBsWJrzW1KqEtYwerXhAAAWoNR jivNGVrT, entry is obligatory
    14:30:31: File matches download criteria: file updcfg.xml, Application , Component Updater, relative URL bases/five/upd/, local path C:/WINDOWS/system32/zonelabs/avsys/root/, original path %UpdateRoot%, size 9821, signature 0XLSznpdI71fB300e7Uwj1AGxZYxJlpxjU0WCiBOV6/rXFhWEq3zD42XWc, entry is obligatory
    14:30:31: File filtered, download criteria does not matches: ': component does not match', file kasset.xml, Application , Component KASBASES, relative URL bases/five/kas20/, local path C:/WINDOWS/system32/zonelabs/avsys/root/, original path %UpdateRoot%, size 1533, signature 0XLSznpdI71fB300e7Uwj13r9GDsyk0kQtPkWuGIeRrZiHLxuE fCTJOOZP, entry is obligatory
    14:30:31: File filtered, download criteria does not matches: ': component does not match', file ahset.xml, Application , Component AH, relative URL bases/five/ids/, local path C:\WINDOWS\system32\zonelabs\avsys\Bases/, original path %BaseFolder%, size 2551, signature 0XLSznpdI71fB300e7Uwj1Uu1gogyUdY8IPf+RIAReEW1JY6nl YAepSpHg, entry is obligatory
    14:30:31: version: 1244839860
    14:30:31: *** Enumerating local files in update mode ***
    14:30:31: *** Failed to enumerate local files, local primary index file does not exist ***
    14:30:31: File added to transaction: 'file transaction atom: operation = 'Added', file = 'file master.xml, Application , Component , relative URL index/, local path C:/WINDOWS/system32/zonelabs/avsys/root/, original path , size -1, signature , entry is obligatory
    current location = 'C:/WINDOWS/system32/zonelabs/avsys/root/', new location = 'C:/WINDOWS/system32/zonelabs/avsys/temp/ZAAV/index/', rollback = 'C:/WINDOWS/system32/zonelabs/avsys/reserve/''
    14:30:31: Primary index file added to transaction file master.xml, Application , Component , relative URL index/, local path C:/WINDOWS/system32/zonelabs/avsys/root/, original path , size -1, signature , entry is obligatory
    14:30:31: Index downloaded second time, but the version on the source is the same 12062009 2051
    14:30:31: Update failed
    14:30:31: ******** Update operation result Invalid file signature ********
    14:30:31: ================================================== =======
    14:30:31: ===== Trace log finished. Fri Jun 12 14:30:31 2009 =====
    14:30:31: ================================================== =======

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Antivirus

scottl Guest

Default Re: update error: invalid file signatures

Hi again.
    After several more tries, the update is working again, and the database for the new version is fully updated. And I didn't make any changes, so I'd like to know what the problem was so I can prevent this in the future. Could it be that I still have XP SP2 and still haven't gotten SP3? I've been reluctant to get that because of seeing on the internet that so many people have problems with it. However, there were some posts here that indicated ZA8 works better with sp3. Does that include the updating function as well? (I'm just afraid this sp3 is going to cause big trouble.) Thanks.
    Scott

Hi!have a good backup strategy. Service pack are necessary or they are actually a must!There are hundreds of security hole been fixed and bugs corrected after SP3.Running a non updated OS is like running without any security even if you have tools installed.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

scottl Guest

Thanks, Guru. I'm really insecure about sp3 screwing up my computer, and might wait just a few more months when Windows 7 is commercially available, when I'll probably replace the hard drive and install Windows 7 with CD. Microsoft does promise continued support for sp2 through June 2010.
    However, today I'm getting that update error message again. Can someone say for sure that the update function will work better if sp3 is installed? Thanks.
    Scott

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>scottL wrote:
    Can someone say for sure that the update function will work better if sp3 is installed? Thanks.
    Scott
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>No one can say for sure if it will work. Sorry,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information