Thread: Partial workaround solution for: Security alert keeps coming up for ScanningProcess.exe

legacykeeper Guest

Default Partial workaround solution for: Security alert keeps coming up for ScanningProcess.exe

I have, and have reported, the same problem: With any Zone Alarm Security Suite full-system antivirus scan, countless red alerts appear, and the scan stops unless and until each is individually "allowed". Recommended "Reset" operations and program re-installation did not solve the problem. (The reset and re-install did solve some other irriatating minor bugs, however. (ZoneAlarm I installed before the initial system Internet updates, of which there were many. So, a reset and re-install after that many system changes was a good idea anyway.)
    However, I have found at least a partial solution. Firsrt, disable
    scheduled scans.
    In Windows Explorer, right clicking on any folder brings up a context menu that includes "Scan with Zone Alarm Anti-Virus".
    Use it,
    on each top-level folder. One
    alert may still appear per folder scanned, but no more. For a complete scan, each root file must be scanned individually. To expedite the process, it's possible to temporarily combine
    user defined folders to minimize the number of top-level folders that have to be scanned. (Don't try this with system folders!) And be sure to "undo" the combined folders when done. Since the scan takes a long time,
    very frequent scans for the email folder - where many viruses are found - are a good idea, and less frequent full system scans
    if this method is necessary.
    Note: I am using Windows 2000 Pro, ZoneAlarm version 7.0.483 (the final version for this
    OS). However, this same problem has been reported by users of Windows XP.

Default Re: Partial workaround solution for: Security alert keeps coming up for ScanningProcess.exe

Hi!this is an issue that I see less and less with latest version 8. Unfortunately you cannot move to version 8 since it does not support 2000.Whenever you will upgrade to a new OS you will be able to resolve it definitively. Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information