Greetings -

I too cannot update ZAAV or AS (I have v8 of ZASS). I have a 3 license subscription and this issue ONLY occurs on ONE of the 2 PCs on which I currently have the product installed. I have gone thru the user forums and tried everything to no avail - clean reinstalls, etc., etc., etc. Based on many posts and confirmed by the data in _UPDLOG.TXT the issue is with a proxy setup as many posts have stated:

22:26:45: Downloading files from user defined URL http://kav.zonelabs.com/, proxy enabled
22:26:45: Published: ev_type = 'UPD_ProxyServerUsed', parameters: 'Srv' = 'localhost:12080'

Further on it states:

22:26:46: ******** Update operation result Failed to establish connection to proxy server ********

I have checked all settings and do NOT have proxy enabled, however I discovered that ZAAV is SETTING proxy values in the registry - specifically HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Cur rentVersion\Internet Settings. The key is: ProxyEnable REG_DWORD 0x00000000 (1).

My testing protocol was as follows: Disable AV and AS, reset key to 0x00000000 (0). Enable AS, run update - result successful; key value unchanged. Enable AV, run update - result fails due to failed proxy server connection; key value reset to 0x00000000 (1).

Please advise. I have 9 days left on my subscription and am considering downgrading to ZA Pro and purchasing another AV product.

Thank you.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Software Version:8.0
Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite