Thread: ZoneAlarm Version 8 and USB Drive Conflict Problems

michaeljames Guest

Default ZoneAlarm Version 8 and USB Drive Conflict Problems

I would like to hear if
    any other users, who
    upgraded from V7 to V8 around April, have encountered issues with PC freezes.
    I was running XP-Home and had been a user of ZoneAlarm free and then Zone Alarm Security for about 5 years or more - with no issues. I then routinely upgraded to V8. Thge problems of PC freezing began immediately. At first I did not connect the issue with V8 - until a PC technican I called in found that when he removed V8 and installed another competing product, there was no issue.
    I then reinstalled V8 and found no issues! Then I attached my external USB harddrive - immediate problems again. I removed V8 and booted up without going on the web - but with no drive attached - no problems. I installed the freebie competitor again, no problems. So I had isolated the problem to the installation of V8 conflicting with my USB drive. I might add there had been no changes ot my system.
    Now, since April I have been struggling to get assistance to resolve the issue. I have a chain of e-mails exceeding 40 and have still not resolved the issue. The most recent response from Technical Support/Customer Support is as follows"

The information has been relayed to our development team.
    We do not know when or if it will be resolved as they have not informed of us this information.
    It sounds like the older version did work for you so you can certainly continue to run it."

I interpret this as saying that if V7 works - kpeep using it and don't bother upgrading
    - so why do we continue to develop software???

Hence the reason I am turning to the forum to see if others have expereinced this problem.

My Motherboard is an AUSTEK MODE P5KPL-AM with Intel Chipset P35/G33/G31 with Intel Pentium 4 3 GHZ and 2GB RAM. Operating System: Windows XP* Home Edition, Service Pack 3,
    Memory: 2038 MB,
    Graphics Memory: 8 MB,
    Processor: x86, Processor Speed: 3024 MHZ; Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family

Cheers

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.1
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Version 8 and USB Drive Conflict Problems

Hi!ZA staff does not monitor this board, we are all users here. So, there is little use to post this here.Keep following-up with ZA technical support, they are the only ones that can resolved your problem or initiate a refund (if you are eligible).Thank you.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information