Thread: ScanningProcess.exe annoying / two instances

vnatar Guest

Default ScanningProcess.exe annoying / two instances

Problem 1 : Two instances of scanningprocess are running at a time(viewable in the Windows TaskManager), not able to kill bothProblem 2 : Eating away most of CPU/MemoryProblem 3:
    I have scheduled the scan process to run only once weekly but it runs daily !!
    Help me out people. Problem 1 is annoying ! Two instances of scan running at the same time !!

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Pro

Message Edited by vnatar on 07-09-2009 09:04 AM

Default Re: ScanningProcess.exe annoying / two instances

Hi!you report you have ZAPRO, but ZAPRO does not come with the antivirus.Go to ZA icon near the clock, right click on it, about --> copy to clipboard --> paste it hereTwo instances of scanningprocess is by design.Dual core processor--> TwoOne core --> Oneetc...Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 07-09-2009 06:40 PM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

vnatar Guest

Not Pro, i just selected values from dropdown randomly Something that has antivirus/antispyware, sorry i can't check it now, i am away from my personal computer.
    But tell me this, can we not control the frequency of the scan ? I have not scheduled it to run daily but it runs daily.

Message Edited by vnatar on 07-09-2009 10:36 AM

Uuuhm, may be I have not been very clear.It is important to know the version you use, it is to try to better help you.Right click the ZA icon near the clock --> About --> Copy to clipboard --> Post it here.Also you should detail what else is running. Adaware? Norton? Mcafee? Comod o? Theatfire? SpySweeper? Kaspersky?etc....Which OS? Is your OS updated? If updated which SPHave you been infected recently by malware?Is it the first time you install ZA?Was it working correctly before?Have you tamperedany part of ZA, locking files?Didyour PC crashed recently?I am sorry I have not the cristal ball, more information you will give more likely users here will be able to help you. Also note that ZA staff does not monitor this board.How much RAM do you have? MOre than 1GIGA?Running multi-boot OS? Running Windows Media Center edition?

vnatar Guest

It is the latest version of ZA Internet Security Suite. No other simillar products running.
    BTW do i have to answer all these questions to know why the scanning process is running daily ?
    How is a system crash/OS update related to ScanningProcess running on its own regardless of the way i scheduled it ?

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>vnatar wrote:
    scanning process is running daily ?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>ZA does not normally scan daily and the two instances of scanning process are always loaded.And you have not provided any of the information originally asked :8}At this point I can only suggest you contact directly theZA official technical support. Link in my signature. It is completely free for registered users.Consecuently, I will close this thread.Thank you,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 07-10-2009 05:04 PM

Thread Information