Thread: Zone alarm freezes when I try to edit a Firewal/Zones entry

Hybrid View

ssum Guest

Default Zone alarm freezes when I try to edit a Firewal/Zones entry

When I try to edit a Firewal/Zones entry Zone alarm freezes. I get this Windows error message:__________________________________________ _______________________________________
    zclient.exe -Application Error [x]
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________
    (X) The instruction at "0x01889718" referenced memory at "0x000000000". The memory
    could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program
    Click on CANCEL to debug the program [ OK ] [ Cancel ]
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________Any explanation for this?Thanks, ss

Operating System:Windows 2000 Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.0

Default Re: Zone alarm freezes when I try to edit a Firewal/Zones entry

Are you running any program that controls access to memory or limits what a program can do? If not, it sounds like the ZA install is corrupt. I would suggest re-downloading ZA and doing a '/clean' uninstall/reinstall. This howyou do a '/clean' uninstall:In Start > All Programs > Zone Labs (or the start menu location that contains the ZAP shortcuts), highlight and right click the Uninstaller for ZAP and select properties. When the properties dialog box appears the Target item should be highlighted, press the End button on the keyboard to move the cursor to the end of the entry. Now press the spacebar and add /clean to the end of the line. The entire entry for Target should look something like this "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" /clean (note: your drive and path may vary). Open ZAP and uncheck the load at startup option and reboot, then uninstall ZAP using the ZAP uninstaller. When all of that is done you can now reinstall ZAP.Let us know how this turns out, take care.

ssum Guest

Thanks for your suggestion.

I re-downloaded the Zone Alarm program, completely uninstalled the existing Zone Alarm and did a clean reinstall of the new one.

I tried to edit a Firewall/Zones enty and once again I got the error message.

I have no problem Removing or Adding an entry, just editing.

I haven't experienced any other problem with any other functions.

Regards,
    SS

emin Guest

Identical behaviour here.
    I use Win XP SP2
    AntiVir PE Classic
    ZoneAlarm version:6.1.737.000
    TrueVector version:6.1.737.000
    Driver version:6.1.737.000

My system was recently infected with some malware, but is now reported clean. However, this could be the reason for the crash, as some **bleep** might still be undetected on my PC.

Thread Information