Thread: Visual C++ Runtime Error (VSMON.EXE - R6025) after installing SBC Yahoo! protection suite

jdhupp Guest

Default Visual C++ Runtime Error (VSMON.EXE - R6025) after installing SBC Yahoo! protection suite

On a computer with Windows 98 SE newly installed on a freshly formatted hard drive, I was running free ZoneAlarm 6.0.667.000 just fine until I installed the SBC Yahoo! Online Protection Suite (anti-virus, anti-spy, popup blocker, parental controls). Now I am commonly getting an error message at startup:Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime LibraryRuntime error!Program: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ZONELABS\VSMON.EXER6025- pure virtual function callThis is followed, I believe, by a notice or error message that ZoneAlarm True Vector is shutting down. (And finally by a ZoneAlarm offer to restart True Vector.)The SBC Yahoo! suite is a Computer Associates product (EZ Antivirus, etc.) branded for SBC Yahoo!Does anyone recognize this problem and have a solution?

Operating System:Windows 98-SE (Second Edition)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.0

zaswing Guest

Default Re: Visual C++ Runtime Error (VSMON.EXE - R6025) after installing SBC Yahoo! protection suite

Don't run two at the same time. There are many posts on this subject here and the consensus is ONE antivirus.Pick Zone Labs or the SBC, but I can't tell you details.EZ antivirus conflicts with vsmon in your ZL product.When I bought my computer, EZ thing was packed by OEM. It sure looked like a Zone Alarm product to me.

jdhupp Guest

Default Re: Visual C++ Runtime Error (VSMON.EXE - R6025) after installing SBC Yahoo! protection suite

I'm not running two anti-virus programs.I'm running the SBC suite with its anti-virus, and just ZoneAlarm's free firewall (not the ZoneAlarm suite). The SBC suite does not include a firewall, and the free SBC broadband modem does not include a hardware firewall (nor is there a router here with a hardware firewall).

letmetalk Guest

I have the same situation...
    W98 SE, recently installed verizon dsl with the yahoo SBC protection suite, and newly installed Zonelabs free firewall.
    The yahoo suite has antivirus, but no firewall. I added the Zonelabs for added protection in addition to the hardware firewall in the dsl router.
    I previously had EZTrust antivirus installed but did the uninstall prior to installing the dsl software, yahoo suite and the Zonelabs firewall.
    The error does not always pop up, but is fairly consistent.
    It does seem to happen when I have the dsl modem OFF and am running the PC without the dsl connection.
    Perhaps there is some obscure registry entry leftover from an incomplete uninstall of the old antivirus or firewall?

Thread Information