Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: validation failed for C:\WINDOWS\system32\VSINIT.dll. You probably are missing a necessary root cert

apc_man Guest

Smile validation failed for C:\WINDOWS\system32\VSINIT.dll. You probably are missing a necessary root cert

I getthe message in the message subjectand "validation failed for C:\WINDOWS\system32\vsdata.dll. You probably are missing a necessary root certficate.

It s there after I reboot or start my computer. Zone alarm doesn t start. I can t uninstall zone alarm, either in the add/remove or with the default uninstall.

The two dll files in question aren t missing either.

My zone alarm version iszlsSetup_60_631_003.

Thanx for any help.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.0

jgreen Guest

Default Re: validation failed for C:\WINDOWS\system32\VSINIT.dll. You probably are missing a necessary root

I have the exact same problem. The error message says I'm missing VSINIT.dll. However, the file is there. There is also a VSINIT.dll in C:/Program Files/Zonelab/ZoneAlar/repair. I'm running Windows XP Pro.

unhappy_viewer Guest

Default Re: validation failed for C:\WINDOWS\system32\VSINIT.dll. You probably are missing a necessary root

Please follow the following instructions to repair your root certificates:
    Open Your browser and navigate to the following URL.
    Once at the web page follow the directions to reset your root certificates.
    https://getca.verisign.com/

apc_man Guest

Sorry that didn t work.

I followed the instructions and was told that a window would pop up if I didn t have an updated certificate or something.

It didn t, so I manually downloaded the updated instead and updated/installed it myself.

But zonealarm still want open, I get the same message.

And this problem has done something to my Mozilla Firefox to; because it wants open any pages.

You could also try this....This error is caused whenever there is a problem with the certificates installed on your computer, or possibly security files as well. While ZoneAlarm is not the cause of this problem, it is effected by it as some of the libraries relys on certificate validation.

To fix the problem, follow these instructions:

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
    2. In the Open box, type cmd (or command if you use Windows 98/ME), and then click OK.
    3. This step is for Win98/ME users ONLY. In the command prompt, type in

cd %windir%\system

4. At the command prompt, type the following commands, pressing ENTER after each line (click OK if you are prompted).
    regsvr32 /u softpub.dll
    regsvr32 /u wintrust.dll
    regsvr32 /u initpki.dll
    regsvr32 /u dssenh.dll
    regsvr32 /u rsaenh.dll
    regsvr32 /u gpkcsp.dll
    regsvr32 /u sccbase.dll Note: Windows 98/ME/2000 users skip this step.
    regsvr32 /u slbcsp.dll
    regsvr32 /u cryptdlg.dll
    regsvr32 /u softpub.dll
    exit
    4. Restart your computer.
    5. Click Start, click Run, type cmd (or command for our lovely win98/ME users) in the Open box, and then click OK.
    6. This step is for Win98/ME users ONLY. In the command prompt, type in

cd %windir%\system

7. At the command prompt, type the following commands (press ENTER after each command and click OK if prompted).
    regsvr32 softpub.dll
    regsvr32 wintrust.dll
    regsvr32 initpki.dll
    regsvr32 dssenh.dll
    regsvr32 rsaenh.dll
    regsvr32 gpkcsp.dll
    regsvr32 sccbase.dll Note: Windows 98/ME/2000 users skip this step.
    regsvr32 slbcsp.dll
    regsvr32 cryptdlg.dll
    regsvr32 softpub.dll
    exit
    and also this:http://www.nohold.net/noHoldCust25/P...ion_error.htmlFax

Message Edited by fax on 11-06-2005 08:29 AM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

apc_man Guest

Sorry fax. I tried that but it didnt work.I had to remove zonealarm using this help guide: http://castlecops.com/t99980-couldnt...to_fix_it.htmlBut thx for your help all.

capt_walleye Guest

I had the same problem and tried everything from the forum and even tried my restore. Nothing seemed to work, then it dawned on me, that I had set my computer clock back to a time before I had loaded Zone alarm. I reset my clock tothe current time and date an it took care of the problem.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>apc_man wrote:
    Sorry fax. I tried that but it didnt work.I had to remove zonealarm using this help guide: http://castlecops.com/t99980-couldnt...to_fix_it.htmlBut thx for your help all.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Cool. Good ole Hoov.

palio Guest

I realise this is an old post but thought I should post here for others who might have the same problem. I got a new mother board and power supply and ended up with this error. It was driving me nuts then I read about a simple fix that actually worked (the guy at future shop was telling me to reformat LOL) Before you uninstall and restinall try this...Simply reset your clock. If you have the wrong date and time this error will appear.

Hope this helps some people

onclejean Guest

I have come accross this error but only when running as "The Administrator". I have not found a fix the problem being that the referrenced files are altered by ZoneLabs and in the shared files of the folder %Windows\system32\% the original Windows SP" files are used.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information