Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: validation failed for C:\WINDOWS\system32\VSINIT.dll. You probably are missing a necessary root cert

jgreen Guest

Default Re: validation failed for C:\WINDOWS\system32\VSINIT.dll. You probably are missing a necessary root

I actually found something on the web that recommended reinstallingInternet Explorer for this issue. I did so and after rebooting, the error messages seem to be resolved. Thanks for your recommendations.

rainbows Guest

Default Re: validation failed for C:\WINDOWS\system32\VSINIT.dll. You probably are missing a necessary root

I just got the same set of messages. Thanks so much for posting that answer.
    My problem was the CMOS battery needed replacing.

Barbara

ixnayd Guest

Tried this also - it worked! I'm not a big fan of Internet Explorer - but it sure beats uninstalling and reinstalling everything. Thanks

hbooth Guest

Default Re: validation failed for C:\WINDOWS\system32\VSINIT.dll. AND system time wrong

My clock time was wrong too and that was the problem! I had double-clicked on the clock to see what day it was and must have accidentally set the year to 2000 without noticing. Fixing this solved the missing vsinit.dll problem without having to go through all that uninstall/reinstall. Thanks so much for posting this information!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information