Thread: Invalid windows images

Hybrid View

georgek Guest

Default Invalid windows images

I get 5 messages whenever I start up my internet-what can I do to eliminate them. The messages:"The application or DLL c:\program files\zone labs\zone alarm\mail.zap is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette".The other four files for which this message is received are: \filter.zap\firewall.zap\idlock.zap\privacy.zapMy version is 6.1.737Any help would be appreciated.Thanks,George

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.0

billc Guest

Default Re: Invalid windows images

Did you ever use or try Zone Alarm Pro? Those are associated with the Pro version of Zone Alarm. I'd suggest you uninstall ZA then install a fresh copy. I don't know of any other method to stop the alerts. Go into the start menu and the zonelabs entry and right click on the uninstaller and select properties. Now in the target box you must add a space and then /clean to the end so that it looks something like this "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" /clean click apply and then OK. Next open ZA and turn off the load on boot option, then reboot and then run the uninstaller.This should get rid of all of ZoneAlarm. Now go to your windows temp folder and delete everything. Find the folder named Internet logs and delete it then empty your recycle bin. Now install ZA again.

georgek Guest

Default Re: Invalid windows images

Thanks for the advice. A clean install cured my problems. Thanks for responding.George

Thread Information