Thread: ZA Client Error Message

was_a_guru Guest

Default ZA Client Error Message

Zone Alarm gives me a dialog box that says: Zone Alarm Client has encountered an error and must close. Sorry for the inconvenience.This occurs after I have used a virtual credit card application from my credit card company. The interesting thing is that this same sort of error occured when I was using Norton Internet Security, in fact thats why I switched to Zone Alarm.I can restart Zone Alarm immediately after this error occurs, and everything seems to be fine.Has anyone else encountered this? I will probably call my credit card company and report this to them, since it is their application that seems to cause this problem, however I do think that anyInternet security suite shouldbe immune to any other program causing an error thatcauses it to shut down.Thanks,was_a_guru

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.0

billc Guest

Default Re: ZA Client Error Message

I've not experienced this, but frankly I'm not 100% sure what a "virtual credit card application" is. Do you mean that security service where by you can get a one time credit card number with a limit as to expiration and charge amount? If that is it, are you using the online service or have you downloaded the utility?

was_a_guru Guest

Yes, you have it right. It's a one-time use credit card number, with a short expiration date (one month), that you usefor an online purchase. That way if you were to be hacked, no one could use that credit card number again.The application can be downloaded, but when you use it it connects to the credit card web site (you have a login and password) and it generates the vitrual credit card number. They have an option do do it through their web site without having the application on your computer.I use the downloaded application, and that has been the cause of my problem with both Zone Alarm, and previously Norton Internet Security. I should probably try the web only version to see if that does not cause the issue.Regards, and have a good holiday,was_a_guru

billc Guest

I know what you are talking about and I've used the online version without a problem. I have not download the program onto my computer as you have. I don't know why it would cause zlclient to crash; that's your Zone Alarm control panel. I assume you've granted the application 'access' in Program control? Also make sure you do not have 'Privacy' enabled for the program by right clicking on the Program in your Program List then select 'options'......it will be under 'Filter Options'. Of course the easy work around is to use your credit card website.

Thread Information