Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gibberish Filenames in Program Control! Multiple Trojans, Ghost processes -- this is a mess!

Default Re: Gibberish Filenames in Program Control! Multiple Trojans, Ghost processes -- this is a mess!

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>rablmsr wrote:
    http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache...m%22&amp;hl=en
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And what did you say regarding this?

<HR>

I just read some alerts from other security forums that there's been a problem with www.castlecops.comoffering some downloads that are very suspicious and regarded as malware or hijackers. I think I'll wait and check out others first.

<HR>

I think you have got it all wrong.

What the article means is that CastleCops has classified iSearch Toolbar as malware. The maker of iSearch is not happy as a result, and decided to sue CastleCops (and Spyware Warrior).

Is CastleCops offering suspicious downloads? You have got it all wrong. Both CastleCops and SWW are highly-regarded.

rablmsr Guest

Default Re: Gibberish Filenames in Program Control! Multiple Trojans, Ghost processes -- this is a mess!

I downloaded the 30 day trial program: TrojanHunter 4.2 off the CastleCops.com site. The download window said : "TrojanHunter 4.2downloaded from TrojanHunter.com". It was a veryslow download, but,I noticed traffic was moving lickity-split on my computer, so, I figured the Hackers were at it again. Sure enough, the TrojanHunter scanned my computer and answered "No Trojans Found" toEVERYTHING before it was halfway done and I know that's not right. I tried to uninstall it, but, there was one part : "contmenu.dll" that the computer said could not be deleted "The specified file is being used by Windows". I did a Windows Explorer search to catch every reference I could find and before I could get all but the "contmenu.dll" out, a new TrojanHunter 4.6 program file popped up on the Explorer list . Unfortunately, before I could try to open it and delete its parts...it DISAPPEARED! and I can't find it anywhere. The Hackers must have changed it's name. It seems (per the map of the files taking space on my computer on Quarterback Cleansweep, the Hackers have a whole bunch of programs on my computer that I didn't install and that don't show up on the ZA, but, they're using them...including the MONITOR.EXE that keeps popping back on the

rablmsr Guest

I'm sorry. I was not finished with my post below when I heard a bunch of clicking sounds and my post disappeared while I was typing. Ghosts or Hackers? What do you think?

No ghosts no hackers. You had clicked four times! I suspect you have a trojan.Please follow the instructions below:Please download HijackThis.

Save HijackThis in its own folder (i.e. C:\HJT). DO NOT run it from within a zip manager (Winzip), as no backups will be saved.

Double-click Hijackthis.exe from the new folder and hit Scan.

The Scan Button has a new Caption. Save Log. Click the Save Log button to create a file named Hijackthis.log. A dialog box will pop up. Use it to select the location where you will save the log. Close the program.
    Copy and paste your log in a new thread here:http://bfccomputerhelp.com/index.php?showforum=5You may need to register to post.

rablmsr Guest

That should say a TrojanHunter [ 4.2 ] program file popped up again (made from a backup copy no doubt), so the Hackers are using it with their adaptations on their side of my computer (I noticed in the view of the "contmenu.dll" that there were alot oflistings that looked like they would be used to send and recieve emailon the internet).

rablmsr Guest

The download says Hijackthis.zip and that's all that will download. It dosen't show as Hijackthis.exe.

rablmsr Guest

I never clicked on the submit button when that post posted 4 times. I was still typing when the clicks started and my post disappeared before my eyes. I was still typing!

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>rablmsr wrote:
    The download says Hijackthis.zip and that's all that will download. It dosen't show as Hijackthis.exe.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Unzip the zip folder.

rablmsr Guest

I don't have a zip program and don't know how to do it. Every time I've tried in the past it didn't work.

You candownload WinZip Evaluation Version here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information