Thread: Bug: fulscreen DirecX games and Alerts (learning mode)

ache Guest

Default Bug: fulscreen DirecX games and Alerts (learning mode)

When I start some fullscreen DirectX game ZA not know yet about (such as LineageII), it completely lock computer, because of learning Alert showing somewhere on desktop and wants my answer, but I can't switch to desktop anymore using Alt+Tab to see that Alert or even close game using Alt+F4. All key combinationsare dead, mouse does nothing useful, only hardware Reset works.Please fix this annoying bug. Other firewalls like Sygate and Norton doAlt+Tab equivalent automatically from DirectX game to show their desktop alerts.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.0

unhappy_viewer Guest

Default Re: Bug: fulscreen DirecX games and Alerts (learning mode)

Whether you can Alt-Tab or Alt-F4 out of games depends on whther the game allows you to do it. Some games like F.E.A.R. and CS allow to Alt-Tab while other games like Doom 3, Quake 4 and Jedi Academy don't allow to do so. ZA if it flashes an alert will try to force the full-screen application to alt-tab but whether it can do so depends on whether the game allows it (doesn't amtter if the game is D3D (DirectX) or OpenGL).

If you are playing a full-screen game you know it requires an internet connection, you can give the permission before you start the game.

ache Guest

> Whether you can Alt-Tab or Alt-F4 out of games depends on whther the game allows you to do itOf coursethe gamealone allows Alt-Tab, why ever else Ifill bug report _here_ instead of game forum? But it allows normally, i.e. without ZA.> If you are playing a full-screen game you know it requires an internet connection, you can give the permission before you start the game. I know this and +1000 other ways to bypass this bug. This is Bug Report, not asking for help.

unhappy_viewer Guest

If you wish to report a bug, please contact ZA Technical Support. This is a help/support forum where ZA users help each other and is not read by anyone from the ZA development team. You can find Technical Support's home page here:
    http://www.zonelabs.com/store/conten...en&lid=ts_home

Thread Information