Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stdbmgr.exe

onemulligan Guest

Default stdbmgr.exe

The last few days I have opened Internet Explorer I get a zone alarm message that "stdbmgr.exe" is trying to access the internet. does anyone know what this is? Thanks

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.0

billc Guest

Default Re: stdbmgr.exe

I don't know but I'm afraid it is a "nasty". When I search for a solution and find nothing, that often means it is a new virus or Trojan. You should continue to block access to the internet.

Click on it in your ZA Programs list and it should appear in the 'Entry Detail' section. There you should find where it lives. Go to Kaspersky Online File Scan , navigate to it, then scan it and see what you find. If you have an AV program on your computer, now would be a good time to run a scan there too.

onemulligan Guest

Thank you for the reply. I will try what you said and see if it finds anything. I appreciate the help.

onemulligan Guest

Hi, Did what you said and I found it. It is from Square Trade which I installed and like. It brings up a side bar in IE to show the best price if I am shopping online. Don't think it is a problem.

billc Guest

Cool. Good think it was not evil, but I'm always suspicious when I can't locate information on an executiable. You are always prudent to block access until you know why access to the internet is needed.

acrorex Guest

Hi onemulligan. You can check out any odd, or what you may think is a bad "exe" (the bad ones do sneek in on us at times) but I have found that this site I am about to but in the url, finds out what many of the "exe's" do. So take a look at: http://startup.networktechs.com/search.php and type in any exe, and you will get all of that sites research on any (or most) exe. probs. Its found a lot of good&bad ones that I was not sure of. Best of luck. Enjoy. ...acrorex...

onemulligan Guest

Thank you for the link. I put it in my favorites.

Actually Google can do very much the same thing.

onemulligan Guest

thanks, I tried it and it does work for most exe's.

acrorex Guest

Hi onemulligan. I am happy that that site can help you out. It also reads logs for "highjack-this" probs. Have a Great Hollidays. Best of luck and Enjoy. ...acrorex...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information