Thread: Virtual memory

tonyz Guest

Default Virtual memory

vsmon.exe is grabbing all memory leading to virtual memory running out.several threads found but has anyone got the answer yet?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

ad_hock Guest

Default Re: Virtual memory

Normally that is a indication of some program conflicting with ZA,too many programs using internet and ZA monitoring all of them,programs with internet server rights.Try to analize the different hypothesis. Sometimes a resetting of the data base solves the problem. If you don
    t succeed with the suggestions made before and want to try the resetting just post.
    Best regards

tonyz Guest

Have spent much time investigating this: clean uninstall, switching off components etc.
    In the end it looks as if switching anti-virus monitoring off has done the trick.
    From the many hundreds of posts on the subject, I assume this is an issue that is being addressed.

ad_hock Guest

Hi tonyz
    When I gave some examples of comsuming virtual memory I forgot that one. Glad you post that as it is a perfect example of one feature absolutely unnecessary that only take resources. In several posts from people that complains that ZA doesn't recognize antivirus A or B that's always my answer a total waste of resources and from my point of view useless as I would never rely on a program to tell me that my security sofware is updated or not,that's a user job to do that. And to make things worse if you have XP and SP2 windows security center does already that. I think your post should be a model for a lot of people. Thanks for posting that.
    Best regards and Happy New Year

lirong Guest

I am having the same problems regarding slow operation speeds and Windows Virtual Memory.How do you turn Anti-Virus monitoring off and what does this mean? I read the following post that the monitoring doesnt do anything valuable but I dont understand the difference between turning off monitoring and turning off anti-virus protection. Can you please explain what I should do - I have been VERY disappointed with the ZoneAlarm INternet Security suite so far as everything is running MUCH more slowly on my computer.Any other suggestions?Thanks.

ad_hock Guest

ZASS doesn't have antivirus monitoring as the program has it's own antivirus. Antivius monitoring is a feature that sees if external antivirus program are updated,antivirus protection is the antivirus program working itself. In your case you don't have to worry with that. About the slow see if you have too many processes staring up and running not beeing necessary, if you gave server rights to programs in internet zone that ZA has to control o if you run P2P programs that demand a lot from ZA.
    Best regards

lirong Guest

Thanks for the reply.And where do I turn off Anti-Virus monitoring, as opposed to anti-virus protection?

ad_hock Guest

Hi lirong
    As said you don't have nothing to turn off as ZASS doesn't have antivirus monitorig because it runs it's own antivirus that updates within the program.
    Best regards

lirong Guest

Im a little confused.IN another thread, regarding the problems with Windows Virtual Memory and ZASS, several people recommended turning off "antivirus monitoring" and that this worked well for them in solving their virtual memory problems...

ad_hock Guest

Hi think you are making some confusion. As said ZASS (and ZA antivirus) doesn't have antivirus monitoring as it has its own antivirus. Read another post, this one by Guru Chia http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b....id=7689#M7689
    I hope this finish with your doubts and if you have problems with virtual memory do what I suggested in another post of this thread.
    Best regards

Message Edited by Ad-Hock on 01-03-2006 06:27 PM

Thread Information