Thread: [Solved] ZA causes blue screen OS NO_MORE_IRP_STACK event id error code 00000035

los Guest

Angry [Solved] ZA causes blue screen OS NO_MORE_IRP_STACK event id error code 00000035

We upgraded a clients Windows XP Pro from ZA Pro zapSetup_55_062_011.exe to zapSetup_60_667_000.exe. Now every time we placed a USB2.0 HDD into or removed from any of the 6 x USB2.0 ports OS blue screens showing NO_MORE_IRP_STACK_LOCATIONS and then reboots (OS was OK for 8 months with ZA Pro 55, no problems). When fully rebooted OS shows the following: event id 1003 category 102 error code 00000035.We have tried connecting three different USB2.0 HDD's (independant of each other) and they all rebooted the system. We deleted all the USB2.0 drivers and rebooted the OS-which automatically recreated them-problem still exists. FULLY deletedlast version of ZoneAlarm Pro (mentioned above)-rebooted and tested the USB2.0HDD-NO MORE PROBLEMS-rebooted and tested-NO MORE PROBLEMS!Happy! Well no!Today, we installedzapSetup_61_737_000.exe (latest release)-problem has returned as mentioned above!!!!! Please help!!!!! We do not want to access the Internet without a firewall and were happy before this problem,does anyone know why this happens and importantly can anyone help us fix this?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.0

ad_hock Guest

Default Re: ZA causes USB2 HDD 2 blue screen OS NO_MORE_IRP_STACK event id 1003 category 102 error code 0000

Hi los
    Revert to version 5.5.094. Do a clean uninstall and then a clean install. However it would not be a bad idea you contact technical support http://www.zonelabs.com/store/conten...ch_support.jsp
    Best regards

cbutcher Guest

Default Re: ZA causes USB2 HDD 2 blue screen OS NO_MORE_IRP_STACK event id 1003 category 102 error code 0000

This is the same problem I have had, except the clean uninstall did not solve the problem. With my system the problem was the IRP STACK error, and occasioned by usb.sys, upon any disengage of any USB device (key drive, USB drive, mouse, undock...).

Good luck, but report this to the email address below (from the BSOD page at ZoneLabs).

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    IMPORTANT - VERIFY THESE FIRST

Verify that you have only

- Windows 98 Second Edition, 2000 Pro, XP Home/Pro, or ME/Millennium YES XP Pro SP2 with all extant updates
    - the very latest version of your ZoneAlarm product YES

(My Reply) First BSOD's with version 60_667_000, same BSOD with 61_737_000

- the very latest drivers for all add-on hardware for your system (My Reply)YES
    - the very latest video drivers for your graphics card (My Reply)YES
    - ONE software firewall running (running multiple software firewalls is not supported) (My Reply)YES

- the original Winsock file (search for WSOCK32.DLL, right-click and get Properties -> version)
    (My Reply) Winsock.dll version 3.10.0.103; WSOCK32.dll version 5.1.2600.2180

=======================

If ALL of the above conditions have been met, and you still experience the BSODs, please contact us by sending an email to **bleep** . Be sure to include the ALL of the following or your request will be deleted:

- Is the BSOD reproducible? Include step by step instructions for reproducing it.

1. Install or upgrade ZA to version 6x Pro. (The freeware ZA firewall alone will not produce the BSOD).
    2. With ZA running, disconnect a USB device. It does not matter if you stop it first or not. I tried same with and without antivirus loaded, and with hardly any services running, with network connections enabled and also with connections disabled.
    3. Behold BSOD.

- Do you get any specific error message or STOP code?
    YES

- Did anything change right before the BSODs began?
    YES--updated from v. 5.xxx to 6.xxx

- What is your Operating System? Is it fully patched and updated?
    YES XP Professional.

- Include your product name, and all of the version information given on Overview -> Product Info.

I have a complete (1 GB) memory dump which I can upload to you all as I did the last time, together with any other information you might want (from msinfo32 for example).

**DO NOT SEND ANY FILES TO THIS ADDRESS**

**THIS IS NOT A TECH SUPPORT ADDRESS, IT IS FOR BSODs ONLY!**

los Guest

Ad-HockThankyou for your advice. I have gone back to version 5.5.062.011. The BSOD does not appear anymore (back to normal) when I connect and/or remove the USB2.0 HDD. ZA tech support just kept asking me to install version 6.1.737 - twice, after my original contact with them stated that this version was 'faulty'! I will stay with the reinstalled 'good' version until ZA can demonstrate that any new version will not cause this error!

ad_hock Guest

You are welcome los,it's indeed the wisest decision.
    Best regards

erast Guest

Hi,I've had the same problem except BlueScreen during connection of an USB devices (a StickMemory or an external hard disk)- only during removing them from any of anUSB ports.But thankof Jeremy (the man from ZoneLabs Support who has responded on my bug report) finally I've solved the problem.Look for his procedure sended to me by e-mail:"Hello Erast,
    Thank you for contacting Zone Labs technical support.

I understand that you are receiving a blue screen with USB devices.

There may be a problem with a conflict with another software program that
    you are running, pleas try the following.
    Click start -> run, type msconfig, and click ok.
    Put the check in selective startup.
    Click the startup tab; click disable all, then put the check back in
    zlclient.
    Click services, put the check in hide all Microsoft services, then un-check all
    remaining items.
    Make sure to put the check back in TrueVector.
    Take the check back out of hide all Microsoft services.
    Click the apply button, click close, and click the option to restart when it
    asks. Test and see if you still have the problem.
    If not, click start -> run, type msconfig and click ok.
    Click services, and check just one of the un-checked programs. Click the
    apply button, click close, and restart.
    Please do this until you experience the issue.
    If you don

t experience the issue, go to start -> run, type msconfig and
    click ok.
    Click the startup tab, and start checking things in here one at a time.
    After checking one thing, click the apply button, click close, and restart.
    Keep doing this until you have all the things checked that you had checked
    before, or until you discover what is causing the issue."I've made the procedure step by step and finally I've found the f.....g harmful program: "InCD.exe" (Ahead Nero V.6)I have:Notebook: Fujitsu Lifebook E8010DOS: WinXP Pro PL SP2I hope, my experience could be useful for somebodyGreetings,Erast

Thread Information