Thread: how to tell if I am being probed?

2harts4ever Guest

Default how to tell if I am being probed?

Hi,I have just returned to ZA after being with another firewall for the last several months.I have briefly read the Help pages and right now I have the 'informational alert' option turned off. With my previous firewall my tray icon would flash if my computer was being probed when I had the alert mechanism turned off.I am just curious what would happen now if I would receive a seriousalert because someone was attempting to compromise my computer would my ZA tray icon 'flash' or 'blink' or something to that effect?If you could point me in the right direction where to find this information it would be appreciated.Thanks and regards,2harts4ever

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.0

unhappy_viewer Guest

Default Re: how to tell if I am being probed?

I don't know if ZA (free) has this option. You can see if it has it.

Go to the "Alerts and Logs" section of ZA. In the "Main" tab, click the "Advanced" button. The "Advanced Alerts and Logs Settings" window will appear. Select the "System Tray Alert" tab. Tick the box beside "Enable system tray icon alert".Click "Apply" then click "OK".

Message Edited by unhappy_viewer on 01-03-2006 02:31 PM

2harts4ever Guest

Default Re: how to tell if I am being probed?

Morning unhappy_viewer,

I appreciate your suggestion.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>unhappy_viewer wrote:
    I don't know if ZA (free) has this option. You can see if it has it.

Go to the "Alerts and Logs" section of ZA. In the "Main" tab, click the "Advanced" button. The "Advanced Alerts and Logs Settings" window will appear. Select the "System Tray Alert" tab. Tick the box beside "Enable system tray icon alert".Click "Apply" then click "OK".

Message Edited by unhappy_viewer on 01-03-2006 02:31 PM
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That in a 'nutshell' is the problem. The optionSelect the "System Tray Alert" tab is apparently not available on the Free program.

Thanks for putting me in the right area to discover it.

Have a great week!

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever

Thread Information